Care homes 334a Waterloo Road, Cheetham Hill, Manchester, Greater Manchester, M8 0AX, 0800 0854228 View on map
Welcome to Wellington Lodge
Anchor's Wellington Lodge in Cheetham Hill is a trusted provider of residential care for elderly people, and we offer specialised services for elderly people who have difficulties associated with old age.
Our care home’s well trained and helpful staff provide 24-hour care and support to help you maintain your chosen lifestyle, adapting as your needs change.
At Wellington Lodge activities play an important role and we aim to enhance our residents’ quality of life by providing a varied range of social activities.
We pride ourselves on the quality of our catering with our chef preparing meals daily from fresh, seasonal ingredients.
Set in a an inner city location in its own grounds, Wellington Lodge care home is close to local services and amenities, such as village shops and garden, and the city centre is a short drive away.
In times of uncertainty, Anchor is a care provider you can depend on. We are proudly not-for-profit with 50 years of experience.
Come and visit us at any time. We’re here to help and look forward to giving you a warm welcome.
Shared facilities complementing each private residence:
- Engaging activities programme
- Communal lounge
- Hairdressing salon
- Communal iPad
Care and support
In addition to residential care, we also offer:
- Respite care
- Personalised care plans
Food and dining
We promote wellbeing through a positive dining experience:
- Communal dining area
- Visitors are welcome to join residents for meals
Life at Wellington Lodge
At Wellington Lodge care home, we provide quality 24-hour residential care..
We support and develop our staff on an ongoing basis to enable them to provide the highest quality care for our residents.
At our home we have:
- A library
- A ‘pets are welcome’ policy by arrangement with the Manager
- A shop for small items
- A hairdressing salon
- A lift to upper floors
- A personal laundry facility and laundry service
- A pay telephone or the facility for a private telephone line in each room
- Regular religious services and meetings should you wish to take part
- Newspapers which can be ordered and delivered daily to your room
- Wheelchair access and car parking
- Cheetham Hill village centre is a short walk away, while Manchester city centre is only 3 miles away and can be
reached by using the excellent bus services
- The nearest hospital is North Manchester General
- Victoria Railway Station is two miles away
- A theatre, swimming pool, golf course and supermarket are under 2 miles away
Wellington Lodge is a unique, purpose-built residence which was designed to provide social care. Set in an inner city location in its own grounds, Wellington Lodge has 32 single en-suite rooms.
Our home is fully furnished and decorated to a high standard with a call system which ensures that help is at hand 24 hours a day.
We also have:
- Some rooms with views of the gardens
- A television point and connections for satellite and digital TV
- A telephone point in every room
- A personal safe in every room to store important papers etc
- Tea-making facilities available to make drinks for you and your visitors
Other accommodation facilities include:
- Cosy lounges with TVs and quiet areas for reading and relaxing
- Bathrooms specially equipped so you can relax in comfort
- Safe, gardens with an enclosed patio area
We encourage you to bring small personal items to enhance your room.
We know how important mealtimes are to our residents, so we always try to make this a sociable and enjoyable experience, whilst recognising individual choice.
Wellington Lodge's Food Promise ensures all our menus offer freshly cooked, appetising and nutritionally balanced meals including:
- Cooked breakfast everyday
- Wholesome homemade soup everyday
- Freshly baked biscuits and cakes everyday
- Traditional Sunday Roast
- Fish and Chip Friday
- A variety of snacks available all day
- Your choices and preferences will be reflected in the menus
Our Chefs understand the nutritional needs of older people and ensure that our meals are prepared using fresh, seasonal ingredients.
We serve tasty, wholesome dishes and involve residents in selecting our menus at a local level. We offer daily choice of meals and cater for special dietary needs and preferences, helping keep our residents healthy and well nourished.
Our care home organises and arranges a variety of opportunities for our residents to enjoy daily activities in our home and in the local community.
We work in partnership with the National Association for Providers of Activities for Older People (NAPA) and encourage activities that enhance our residents’ lifestyle, health and wellbeing.
Residents preferred activities, interests and ability are discussed when they move in and an agreed plan ensures that these requests are fulfilled (wherever possible). Our residents’ suggestions for activities also help shape the planning process.
We organise supervised day trips to leisure facilities and places of interest as well as social events in the home, including themed restaurant evenings, arts and crafts, quizzes and regular entertainers.
At Wellington Lodge our caring and attentive staff work with our residents and their loved ones to create a detailed care plan which ensures our residents individual health and care needs are met.
We know how important it is to care for our residents with the dignity and respect they deserve and this is at the heart of what we do at Wellington Lodge care home.
Our commitment to advanced dementia training for our staff has helped the Department of Health pass its goal of 3,000 Dignity Champions nationwide.
Our health and social care partners include:
- A GP who is available on request
- A hairdresser visits every week
- A chiropodist visits on request / NHS by appointment.
- A dentist and optician who visit the home and/or local services are available.
- The district nurse and physiotherapist who visit by arrangement
- Holistic therapist – visits can be arranged
Anchor endeavour to be completely transparent about all our charges and fees. For further information please contact us.
How much does it cost?
Call us to discuss your specific care needs today
What is included in care home fees?
For many people, moving to a care home is a big decision and it can be difficult to know where to start. Care home fees are based on a range of factors, including specific care needs, which can change over time.
Living in an Anchor care home you can be confident that a single fee covers the cost of your personally tailored 24 hour care and support, utility bills and meals, as well as a fantastic range of daily activities. In an Anchor care home our weekly charge includes:
- cost of personal care
- utilities e.g. heating and light
- all resident catering, meals, snacks and drinks
- laundry undertaken on the premises
- television licence, including for person use
- housekeeping services.
The following extra items and services are not covered by the weekly fees, however we can arrange for them to be provided (at an additional cost):
- professional hairdressing
- personal copies of newspapers or magazines
- personal purchases such as stationery, confectionery, toiletries etc.
- clothing, shoes and slippers
- dry cleaning
- private telephone line rental and calls and cable connections.
In the absence of free provision by the NHS, we can also arrange for the following healthcare services to be provided, these will be charged in addition to the weekly fees:
- other privately arranged healthcare
- care staff accompaniment to regular medical appointments.
No upfront deposit is required at any of Anchor’s care homes to secure a room.
At Anchor we pride ourselves on offering a truly tailored approach to care and therefore need to fully understand your needs to provide you with an accurate fee estimate. Please call us to discuss your specific care needs today. Alternatively we welcome you to visit us to discuss your situation face-to-face.
Want more information on care home fees?
Learning about the different funding options available to you can also help you feel confident in your decisions. Anchor know that securing care home funding can sometimes appear a rather daunting task and so to help we have put together a free guide covering requesting assistance, top up fees and third-party payments.Care home fees
334a Waterloo Road, Cheetham Hill, Manchester, Greater Manchester, M8 0AX, 0800 0854228
Other Care homes nearby
Israel Sieff Court
7A Bennett Road, Crumpsall, Manchester, Greater Manchester, M8 5DU, 0800 0854183
262 Lightbowne Road, Moston, Manchester, Greater Manchester, M40 5HQ, 0161 683 3170
232 Eccles Old Road, Pendleton, Salford, Greater Manchester, M6 8AG, 0800 0854180
618-622 Huddersfield Road, Waterhead, Oldham, Lancashire, OL4 3NN, 0800 0854187
Oldham Street, Hyde, Manchester, Greater Manchester, SK14 1LN, 0161 368 4484
Mellor Street, Savile Park, Halifax, West Yorkshire, HX1 3AE, 01422 399 860
12 Coach House Drive, Dalton, Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, HD5 8EG, 0800 0854312
Sandholme Crescent, Hipperholme, Halifax, West Yorkshire, HX3 8LP, 0800 0854308