Care homes 334a Waterloo Road, Cheetham Hill, Manchester, Greater Manchester, M8 0AX View on map
Welcome to Wellington Lodge
Anchor's Wellington Lodge in Cheetham Hill is a trusted provider of residential care for elderly people, and we offer specialised services for elderly people who have difficulties associated with old age.
Our care home’s well trained and helpful staff provide 24-hour care and support to help you maintain your chosen lifestyle, adapting as your needs change.
At Wellington Lodge activities play an important role and we aim to enhance our residents’ quality of life by providing a varied range of social activities.
We pride ourselves on the quality of our catering with our chef preparing meals daily from fresh, seasonal ingredients.
Set in a an inner city location in its own grounds, Wellington Lodge care home is close to local services and amenities, such as village shops and garden, and the city centre is a short drive away.
In times of uncertainty, Anchor is a care provider you can depend on. We are proudly not-for-profit with 50 years of experience.
Come and visit us at any time. We’re here to help and look forward to giving you a warm welcome.
Shared facilities complementing each private residence:
- Engaging activities programme
- Communal lounge
- Hairdressing salon
- Communal iPad
Care and support
In addition to residential care, we also offer:
- Respite care
- Personalised care plans
Food and dining
We promote wellbeing through a positive dining experience:
- Communal dining area
- Visitors are welcome to join residents for meals
Life at Wellington Lodge
At Wellington Lodge care home, we provide quality 24-hour residential care..
We support and develop our staff on an ongoing basis to enable them to provide the highest quality care for our residents.
At our home we have:
- A library
- A ‘pets are welcome’ policy by arrangement with the Manager
- A shop for small items
- A hairdressing salon
- A lift to upper floors
- A personal laundry facility and laundry service
- A pay telephone or the facility for a private telephone line in each room
- Regular religious services and meetings should you wish to take part
- Newspapers which can be ordered and delivered daily to your room
- Wheelchair access and car parking
- Cheetham Hill village centre is a short walk away, while Manchester city centre is only 3 miles away and can be
reached by using the excellent bus services
- The nearest hospital is North Manchester General
- Victoria Railway Station is two miles away
- A theatre, swimming pool, golf course and supermarket are under 2 miles away
Wellington Lodge is a unique, purpose-built residence which was designed to provide social care. Set in an inner city location in its own grounds, Wellington Lodge has 32 single en-suite rooms.
Our home is fully furnished and decorated to a high standard with a call system which ensures that help is at hand 24 hours a day.
We also have:
- Some rooms with views of the gardens
- A television point and connections for satellite and digital TV
- A telephone point in every room
- A personal safe in every room to store important papers etc
- Tea-making facilities available to make drinks for you and your visitors
Other accommodation facilities include:
- Cosy lounges with TVs and quiet areas for reading and relaxing
- Bathrooms specially equipped so you can relax in comfort
- Safe, gardens with an enclosed patio area
We encourage you to bring small personal items to enhance your room.
We know how important mealtimes are to our residents, so we always try to make this a sociable and enjoyable experience, whilst recognising individual choice.
Wellington Lodge's Food Promise ensures all our menus offer freshly cooked, appetising and nutritionally balanced meals including:
- Cooked breakfast everyday
- Wholesome homemade soup everyday
- Freshly baked biscuits and cakes everyday
- Traditional Sunday Roast
- Fish and Chip Friday
- A variety of snacks available all day
- Your choices and preferences will be reflected in the menus
Our Chefs understand the nutritional needs of older people and ensure that our meals are prepared using fresh, seasonal ingredients.
We serve tasty, wholesome dishes and involve residents in selecting our menus at a local level. We offer daily choice of meals and cater for special dietary needs and preferences, helping keep our residents healthy and well nourished.
Our care home organises and arranges a variety of opportunities for our residents to enjoy daily activities in our home and in the local community.
We work in partnership with the National Association for Providers of Activities for Older People (NAPA) and encourage activities that enhance our residents’ lifestyle, health and wellbeing.
Residents preferred activities, interests and ability are discussed when they move in and an agreed plan ensures that these requests are fulfilled (wherever possible). Our residents’ suggestions for activities also help shape the planning process.
We organise supervised day trips to leisure facilities and places of interest as well as social events in the home, including themed restaurant evenings, arts and crafts, quizzes and regular entertainers.
At Wellington Lodge our caring and attentive staff work with our residents and their loved ones to create a detailed care plan which ensures our residents individual health and care needs are met.
We know how important it is to care for our residents with the dignity and respect they deserve and this is at the heart of what we do at Wellington Lodge care home.
Our commitment to advanced dementia training for our staff has helped the Department of Health pass its goal of 3,000 Dignity Champions nationwide.
Our health and social care partners include:
- A GP who is available on request
- A hairdresser visits every week
- A chiropodist visits on request / NHS by appointment.
- A dentist and optician who visit the home and/or local services are available.
- The district nurse and physiotherapist who visit by arrangement
- Holistic therapist – visits can be arranged
Anchor endeavour to be completely transparent about all our charges and fees. For further information please contact us.
How much does it cost?
Call us to discuss your specific care needs today
What is included in care home fees?
For many people, moving to a care home is a big decision and it can be difficult to know where to start. Care home fees are based on a range of factors, including specific care needs, which can change over time. Nevertheless, we all want the best we can afford – whether for ourselves or a loved one.
Living in an Anchor care home you can be confident that a single fee covers the cost of your personally tailored 24 hour care and support, all utility bills and meals as well as a fantastic range of daily activities.
At Anchor we pride ourselves on offering a truly tailored approach to care and therefore need to fully understand your needs to provide you with an accurate fee estimate. Please call us to discuss your specific care needs today. Alternatively we welcome you to visit us to discuss your situation face-to-face.
Want more information on care home fees?
Learning about the different funding options available to you can also help you feel confident in your decisions. Anchor know that securing care home funding can sometimes appear a rather daunting task and so to help we have put together a free guide covering requesting assistance, top up fees and third-party payments.Care home fees
334a Waterloo Road, Cheetham Hill, Manchester, Greater Manchester, M8 0AX
Other Care homes nearby
Israel Sieff Court
7A Bennett Road, Crumpsall, Manchester, Greater Manchester, M8 5DU
262 Lightbowne Road, Moston, Manchester, Greater Manchester, M40 5HQ
232 Eccles Old Road, Pendleton, Salford, Greater Manchester, M6 8AG
12 Coach House Drive, Dalton, Huddersfield, West Yorkshire, HD5 8EG
Sandholme Crescent, Hipperholme, Halifax, West Yorkshire, HX3 8LP