Care homes Victoria Road, Crosshills, Keighley, West Yorkshire, BD20 8SZ, 0800 0854339 View on map
Welcome to Townend Close
Anchor’s Townend Close care home in Keighley is a trusted provider of residential care for older people, and offers specialised services for people who have increasing frailty and need extra support.
Our care home’s well trained and helpful staff provide 24-hour care and support to help you maintain your chosen lifestyle, adapting as your needs change.
At Townend Close, activities play an important role and we aim to enhance our residents’ quality of life by providing a varied range of social activities.
We pride ourselves on the quality of our catering, with our chef preparing meals daily from fresh, seasonal ingredients.
Set in a quiet village location and in its own beautiful grounds, Townend Close is close to local services and amenities, such as nearby shops and a park, and are on the bus route to the towns of Skipton and Keighley.
In times of uncertainty, Anchor is a care provider you can depend on. We are proudly not-for-profit with 50 years of experience.
Come and visit us at any time. We’re here to help and look forward to giving you a warm welcome.
Shared facilities complementing each private residence:
- Engaging activities programme
- Hairdressing salon
- Communal iPad
Care and support
In addition to residential care, we also offer:
- Respite care
- Huntington's disease
- Convalescence care
- Parkinson's disease
- Personalised care plans
Food and dining
We promote wellbeing through a positive dining experience:
- Communal dining area
- Nutrition and hydration stations
- Private dining area
- Visitors are welcome to join residents for meals
Life at Townend Close
At Townend Close care home, we provide quality 24-hour residential care in a warm, safe and friendly environment.
At Townend Close care home we have:
- A library
- A ‘pets are welcome’ policy by arrangement with the Manager
- A shop for small items
- A hairdressing salon
- A lift to upper floors
- A personal laundry facility and laundry service
- A pay phone and the facilities for a private telephone line in each room
- Regular religious services and meetings should you wish to take part
- Newspapers which can be ordered and delivered daily to your room
- Wheelchair access and car parking
Nearby facilities residents can enjoy:
- Skipton and Keighley town centres are four miles away and can be reached using excellent bus services
- The nearest hospital is Airedale
- Steeton and Silsden railway station is two miles away
- A theatre, swimming pool, golf course and supermarket are under four miles away
Townend Close care home is a unique, purpose-built residence which was designed to provide residential care. Set in a quiet location and in its own grounds, Townend Close care home has single en-suite rooms and some rooms with lovely views of the countryside.
Our home is fully furnished and decorated to a high standard with a call system which ensures that help is at hand 24 hours a day.
We also have:
- Some rooms with their own lounge and kitchen/dinning area
- Some rooms with views of the gardens
- A television point and connections for satellite and digital TV
- Tea-making facilities available to make drinks for you and your visitors
Other accommodation facilities include:
- Cosy lounges with TVs and quiet areas for reading and relaxing
- A guest suite available for family and friends to stay overnight
- Bathrooms specially equipped so you can relax in comfort
- Safe, enclosed gardens
We encourage you to bring small personal items to enhance your room.
At Townend Close care home we know how important mealtimes are and like them to be a sociable and enjoyable part of the day. Our experienced chefs attend Anchor's Cater Craft training course which enables them to understand the nutritional requirements of elderly people and to ensure all meals are prepared from fresh, seasonal ingredients.
We serve tasty, wholesome, good food and our menus change regularly with a daily choice available. We also cater for residents with special dietary needs and create a “dining atmosphere” by decorating these areas in colours that stimulate the appetite and create ambiance.
Our staff respect individual preferences. All these factors boost residents appetites and enable them to enjoy their meal - which is essential in maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
Our care home organises and arranges a variety of opportunities for our residents to enjoy daily activities in our home and in the local community.
We work in partnership with the National Association for Providers of Activities for Older People (NAPA) and encourage activities that enhance our residents’ lifestyle, health and wellbeing.
Residents preferred activities, interests and ability are discussed when they move in and an agreed plan ensures that these requests are fulfilled (wherever possible). Our residents’ suggestions for activities also help shape the planning process.
We organise supervised day trips to leisure facilities and places of interest as well as social events in the home, including themed restaurant evenings, arts and crafts, quizzes and regular entertainers.
At Townend Close, our caring and attentive staff work with our residents and their loved ones to create a detailed care plan which ensures our residents individual health and care needs are met.
We know how important it is to care for our residents with the dignity and respect they deserve and this is at the heart of what we do at Townend Close care home.
Our commitment to advanced dementia training for our staff has helped the Department of Health pass its goal of 3,000 Dignity Champions nationwide.
Our health and social care partners include:
- A GP who is available on request
- A hairdresser visits every week
- A chiropodist visits on request
- An optician who visits the home
- The district nurse and physiotherapist who visit by arrangement
Anchor endeavour to be completely transparent about all our charges and fees. For further information please contact us.
How much does it cost?
Call us to discuss your specific care needs today
What is included in care home fees?
For many people, moving to a care home is a big decision and it can be difficult to know where to start. Care home fees are based on a range of factors, including specific care needs, which can change over time.
Living in an Anchor care home you can be confident that a single fee covers the cost of your personally tailored 24 hour care and support, utility bills and meals, as well as a fantastic range of daily activities. In an Anchor care home our weekly charge includes:
- cost of personal care
- utilities e.g. heating and light
- all resident catering, meals, snacks and drinks
- laundry undertaken on the premises
- television licence, including for person use
- housekeeping services.
The following extra items and services are not covered by the weekly fees, however we can arrange for them to be provided (at an additional cost):
- professional hairdressing
- personal copies of newspapers or magazines
- personal purchases such as stationery, confectionery, toiletries etc.
- clothing, shoes and slippers
- dry cleaning
- private telephone line rental and calls and cable connections.
In the absence of free provision by the NHS, we can also arrange for the following healthcare services to be provided, these will be charged in addition to the weekly fees:
- other privately arranged healthcare
- care staff accompaniment to regular medical appointments.
No upfront deposit is required at any of Anchor’s care homes to secure a room.
At Anchor we pride ourselves on offering a truly tailored approach to care and therefore need to fully understand your needs to provide you with an accurate fee estimate. Please call us to discuss your specific care needs today. Alternatively we welcome you to visit us to discuss your situation face-to-face.
Want more information on care home fees?
Learning about the different funding options available to you can also help you feel confident in your decisions. Anchor know that securing care home funding can sometimes appear a rather daunting task and so to help we have put together a free guide covering requesting assistance, top up fees and third-party payments.Care home fees
Care Home Manager
I am here to help new residents and their families feel confident in their choices and ensure they feel supported and in control every step of the way. Please feel free to come in for a chat and a cup of tea and see what our home has to offer.
Victoria Road, Crosshills, Keighley, West Yorkshire, BD20 8SZ, 0800 0854339
Other Care homes nearby
Church Road, Thornton-in Craven, Skipton, North Yorkshire, BD23 3TR, 0800 0854330
Orchard Way, Guiseley, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS20 9EP, 0800 0854324
Scar Street, Grassington, Skipton, North Yorkshire, BD23 5AF, 0800 0854318
Teal Beck House
Teal Beck Approach, Crow Lane, Otley, West Yorkshire, LS21 1RJ, 0800 0854329
Kelvin Way, Undercliffe, Bradford, West Yorkshire, BD2 3EF, 0800 0854292
Mellor Street, Savile Park, Halifax, West Yorkshire, HX1 3AE, 01422 399 860
Sandholme Crescent, Hipperholme, Halifax, West Yorkshire, HX3 8LP, 0800 0854308