Care homes 16 Ivimey Street, Bethnal Green, London, Greater London, E2 6LQ, 0800 0854152 View on map
Welcome to Silk Court
Anchor's Silk Court in Bethnal Green is a trusted provider of residential and dementia care for elderly people, and we offer specialised services for elderly people who have increasing physical and mental frailties and varying mental health needs.
Our care home’s qualified staff provide 24-hour care and support to help you maintain your chosen lifestyle, adapting as your needs change.
At Silk Court, activities play an important role and we aim to enhance our residents’ quality of life by providing a varied range of social activities.
We pride ourselves on the quality of our catering, with our chef preparing meals daily from fresh, seasonal ingredients.
Set in a residential location and in its own grounds, Silk Court is near to local shops, pubs, post office and has excellent bus and railway routes to the city.
In times of uncertainty, Anchor is a care provider you can depend on. We are proudly not-for-profit with 50 years of experience.
Come and visit us at any time. We’re here to help and look forward to giving you a warm welcome.
Shared facilities complementing each private residence:
- Engaging activities programme
- Communal lounge
- 1 guest room
Care and support
In addition to residential care, we also offer:
- Dementia care
- Personalised care plans
Food and dining
We promote wellbeing through a positive dining experience:
- Communal dining area
- Visitors are welcome to join residents for meals
Life at Silk Court
At Silk Court care home, we provide quality 24-hour residential care and dementia care.
We support and develop our staff on an ongoing basis to enable them to provide the highest quality care for our residents.
At our home we have:
- Wheelchair access and car parking
- A 'pets are welcome' policy by arrangement with the Manager
- A personal laundry facility and laundry service
- A pay telephone is available
- Regular religious services and meetings are held
- An occasional shop for small items
- A hairdressers salon
- Lifts to upper floors
- Newspapers, which can be ordered and delivered daily to your room
- Bethnal Green town centre is 1/4 of a mile away and can be reached using excellent bus services
- The nearest hospital is Royal London Hospital in Whitechapel
- Bethnal Green railway station is 1/2 of a mile away
- A theatre, swimming pool and supermarket are under 1/2 of a mile away
Silk Court is a unique, purpose-built residential care home, which has been thoroughly modernised and adapted to provide dementia care. Set in a quiet location and in its own grounds, Silk Court provides single en-suite rooms.
Silk Court offers:
- 51 single en-suite rooms with WC, washbasin and shower facilities
- Rooms decorated to high standard
- Telephone point in all bedrooms for your own direct line
- Television point and connections for digital and satellite TV
- Call bells in each room providing 24-hour help
Other accommodation facilities include:
- Five cosy lounges with TV, video and stereo and quiet areas for reading and relaxing
- Specially equipped bathrooms so you can relax in comfort
We encourage personal items to be brought in to enhance rooms.
We know how important mealtimes are and like them to be a sociable and enjoyable part of the day. Our experienced chefs attend Anchor's Cater Craft training course which enables them to understand the nutritional requirements of elderly people and to ensure all meals are prepared from fresh, seasonal ingredients.
We serve tasty, wholesome, good food and our menus change regularly with a daily choice available. We also cater for residents with special dietary needs and create a “dining atmosphere” by decorating these areas in colours that stimulate the appetite and create ambiance.
Our staff respect individual preferences. All these factors boost residents appetites and enable them to enjoy their meal - which is essential in maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
Our care home organises and arranges a variety of opportunities for our residents to enjoy daily activities in our home and in the local community.
We work in partnership with the National Association for Providers of Activities for Older People (NAPA) and encourage activities that enhance our residents’ lifestyle, health and wellbeing.
Residents preferred activities, interests and ability are discussed when they move in and an agreed plan ensures that these requests are fulfilled (wherever possible). Our residents’ suggestions for activities also help shape the planning process.
We organise supervised day trips to leisure facilities and places of interest as well as social events in the home, including themed restaurant evenings, arts and crafts, quizzes and regular entertainers.
At Silk Court our caring and attentive staff work with our residents and their loved ones to create a detailed care plan which ensures our residents individual health and care needs are met.
We know how important it is to care for our residents with the dignity and respect they deserve and this is at the heart of what we do at Silk Court care home.
Our commitment to advanced dementia training for our staff has helped the Department of Health pass its goal of 3,000 Dignity Champions nationwide.
Our health and social care partners include:
- A GP who is available on request
- A hairdresser visits every week
- A chiropodist visits on request
- A dentist and optician who visit the home by arrangement or on request
- The district nurse and physiotherapist who visit by arrangement
- Holistic therapist visits can be arranged
Anchor endeavour to be completely transparent about all our charges and fees. For further information please contact us.
How much does it cost?
Call us to discuss your specific care needs today
What is included in care home fees?
For many people, moving to a care home is a big decision and it can be difficult to know where to start. Care home fees are based on a range of factors, including specific care needs, which can change over time.
Living in an Anchor care home you can be confident that a single fee covers the cost of your personally tailored 24 hour care and support, utility bills and meals, as well as a fantastic range of daily activities. In an Anchor care home our weekly charge includes:
- cost of personal care
- utilities e.g. heating and light
- all resident catering, meals, snacks and drinks
- laundry undertaken on the premises
- television licence, including for person use
- housekeeping services.
The following extra items and services are not covered by the weekly fees, however we can arrange for them to be provided (at an additional cost):
- professional hairdressing
- personal copies of newspapers or magazines
- personal purchases such as stationery, confectionery, toiletries etc.
- clothing, shoes and slippers
- dry cleaning
- private telephone line rental and calls and cable connections.
In the absence of free provision by the NHS, we can also arrange for the following healthcare services to be provided, these will be charged in addition to the weekly fees:
- other privately arranged healthcare
- care staff accompaniment to regular medical appointments.
No upfront deposit is required at any of Anchor’s care homes to secure a room.
At Anchor we pride ourselves on offering a truly tailored approach to care and therefore need to fully understand your needs to provide you with an accurate fee estimate. Please call us to discuss your specific care needs today. Alternatively we welcome you to visit us to discuss your situation face-to-face.
Want more information on care home fees?
Learning about the different funding options available to you can also help you feel confident in your decisions. Anchor know that securing care home funding can sometimes appear a rather daunting task and so to help we have put together a free guide covering requesting assistance, top up fees and third-party payments.Care home fees
At Silk Court we have a caring team of well qualified professionals, passionate about what they do and dedicated to ensuring our residents always feel confident that they can rely on a friendly face and helping hand 24-hours a day.
We encourage visits to Silk Court so you can meet our team and get a feel of what it would be like to live here. You will be able to look around, meet other residents, find out what goes on and ask any questions you may have. It is important to us that you make the right decision and are happy with your choice of new home.
Care Home Manager
I’m here to help new residents and their families feel confident in their choices and ensure they feel supported and in control every step of the way. Please feel free to come in for a chat and a cup of tea and see what our home has to offer.
16 Ivimey Street, Bethnal Green, London, Greater London, E2 6LQ, 0800 0854152
Other Care homes nearby
325 Southwark Park Road, Bermondsey, London, Greater London, SE16 2JN, 0800 0854130
253 Lower Road, Rotherhithe, London, Greater London, SE8 5DN, 0800 0854148
40 Sumner Road, Peckham, London, Greater London, SE15 6LA, 0800 0854159
10 Arneway Street, Westminster, Greater London, SW1P 2BG, 0800 0854147
50 Brayards Road, Peckham, London, Greater London, SE15 2BQ, 0800 0854137