Care homes Ash Close, Faringdon, Oxfordshire, SN7 8ER, 01367 244267 View on map
Welcome to Ferendune Court
Anchor’s Ferendune Court in Faringdon is a trusted provider of residential care for elderly people, we offer specialised services for elderly people who have physical disability.
Our care home’s qualified staff provide 24-hour care and support to help you maintain your chosen lifestyle, adapting as your needs change.
At Ferendune Court, activities play an important role and we aim to enhance our residents’ quality of life by providing a varied range of social activities.
We pride ourselves on the quality of our catering, with our chef preparing meals daily from fresh, seasonal ingredients.
Set in a quiet market town location in its own beautiful grounds, Ferendune Court care home is close to local services and amenities, a ten minute walk to the market place/shops and a 10 minutes drive to the Cotswolds.
In times of uncertainty, Anchor is a care provider you can depend on. We are proudly not-for-profit with 50 years of experience.
Come and visit us at any time. We’re here to help and look forward to giving you a warm welcome.
Shared facilities complementing each private residence:
- Engaging activities programme
- Communal lounge
- Hairdressing salon
Care and support
In addition to residential care, we also offer:
- Respite care
- Dementia care
- Convalescence care
- Parkinson's disease
- Personalised care plans
Food and dining
We promote wellbeing through a positive dining experience:
- Communal dining area
- Nutrition and hydration stations
- Private dining area
- Visitors are welcome to join residents for meals
Life at Ferendune Court
At Ferendune Court care home, we provide quality 24-hour residential care.
At our home we have:
- A quiet room where you can spend time with your visitors
- A ‘pets are welcome’ policy by arrangement with the Manager
- A hairdressing salon
- A lift to upper floors
- A personal laundry facility and laundry service
- A weekly GP surgery
- The facility for a private telephone line in each room
- Regular religious services and meetings should you wish to take part
- Newspapers which can be ordered and delivered daily to your room
- Wheelchair access and car parking
- Ferendune Court market place is within walking distance and can be reached using the community bus services
- The nearest hospital is Great Western Hospital, Swindon, Wiltshire
- Swindon Railway Station is 16 miles away
- A swimming pool, golf course and supermarket are under 3 miles away
Ferendune Court is a unique, purpose-built residence which was designed to provide social and residential care. Set in a quiet location and in its own grounds, Ferendune Court has single en-suite rooms and residential flats, with a few larger residential flats for couples. Some rooms/flats have lovely views of the gardens and countryside.
Our home is fully furnished and decorated to a high standard with a call system which ensures that help is at hand 24 hours a day.
We also have:
- Residential flats with their own lounge/kitchen room
- Some rooms with views of the gardens
- Some rooms open directly onto gardens
- A television point and connections for satellite and digital TV
- Tea making facilities available for residents and visitors
- A dementia friendly floor
Other accommodation facilities include:
- Cosy lounges with TVs as well as quiet areas for reading and relaxing
- A quiet room where you can spend time with your visitors
- Bathrooms specially equipped so you can relax in comfort
- Safe, enclosed gardens
We encourage you to bring small personal items to enhance your room.
We know how important mealtimes are to our residents, so we always try to make this a sociable and enjoyable experience, whilst recognising individual choice.
Ferendune Court's Food Promise ensures all our menus offer freshly cooked, appetising and nutritionally balanced meals including:
- Home Cooked breakfast every day
- Wholesome homemade soup
- Freshly baked homemade cakes and biscuits
- Traditional Sunday Roast
- Fish and Chip Friday
- Chef’s speciality dishes - Lamb Casserole and Creamy Baked Rice Pudding
- A variety of snacks available all day
Our Chefs understand the nutritional needs of older people and ensure that our meals are prepared using fresh, seasonal ingredients.
We serve tasty, wholesome dishes and involve residents in selecting our menus at a local level. We offer daily choice of meals and cater for special dietary needs and preferences, helping keep our residents healthy and well nourished.
Our care home organises and arranges a variety of opportunities for our residents to enjoy daily activities in our home and in the local community.
We work in partnership with the National Association for Providers of Activities for Older People (NAPA) and encourage activities that enhance our residents’ lifestyle, health and wellbeing.
Residents preferred activities, interests and ability are discussed when they move in and an agreed plan ensures that these requests are fulfilled (wherever possible). Our residents’ suggestions for activities also help shape the planning process.
We organise supervised day trips to leisure facilities and places of interest as well as social events in the home, including themed restaurant evenings, arts and crafts, quizzes and regular entertainers.
|Coffee morning||Board games||Baking||Resident's Choice|
|Morning Walk||Hoy||Daily news round||Book club|
|Hoy||Games afternoon||Quiz||Reminiscence activities|
|Word games||Sing-a-long||Jigsaw puzzles||Bowls|
|Breakfast club||Trip into town||Trip into town||Book club|
|One-to-one chit chat||Sunday Roast||Newspaper discussion||Movies|
At Ferendune Court, our caring and attentive staff work with our residents and their loved ones to create a detailed care plan which ensures our residents individual health and care needs are met.
We know how important it is to care for our residents with the dignity and respect they deserve and this is at the heart of what we do at Ferendune Court care home.
Our health and social care partners include:
- A GP who visits weekly
- A hairdresser visits every week
- A chiropodist visits on request
- An optician visits the home
- The district nurse and physiotherapist who visit by arrangement
- Holistic therapist visits can be arranged
Anchor endeavour to be completely transparent about all our charges and fees. For further information please contact us.
How much does it cost?
Call us to discuss your specific care needs today
What is included in care home fees?
For many people, moving to a care home is a big decision and it can be difficult to know where to start. Care home fees are based on a range of factors, including specific care needs, which can change over time.
Living in an Anchor care home you can be confident that a single fee covers the cost of your personally tailored 24 hour care and support, utility bills and meals, as well as a fantastic range of daily activities. In an Anchor care home our weekly charge includes:
- cost of personal care
- utilities e.g. heating and light
- all resident catering, meals, snacks and drinks
- laundry undertaken on the premises
- television licence, including for person use
- housekeeping services.
The following extra items and services are not covered by the weekly fees, however we can arrange for them to be provided (at an additional cost):
- professional hairdressing
- personal copies of newspapers or magazines
- personal purchases such as stationery, confectionery, toiletries etc.
- clothing, shoes and slippers
- dry cleaning
- private telephone line rental and calls and cable connections.
In the absence of free provision by the NHS, we can also arrange for the following healthcare services to be provided, these will be charged in addition to the weekly fees:
- other privately arranged healthcare
- care staff accompaniment to regular medical appointments.
No upfront deposit is required at any of Anchor’s care homes to secure a room.
At Anchor we pride ourselves on offering a truly tailored approach to care and therefore need to fully understand your needs to provide you with an accurate fee estimate. Please call us to discuss your specific care needs today. Alternatively we welcome you to visit us to discuss your situation face-to-face.
Want more information on care home fees?
Learning about the different funding options available to you can also help you feel confident in your decisions. Anchor know that securing care home funding can sometimes appear a rather daunting task and so to help we have put together a free guide covering requesting assistance, top up fees and third-party payments.Care home fees
At Ferendune Court we have a caring team of well qualified professionals, passionate about what they do and dedicated to ensuring our residents always feel confident that they can rely on a friendly face and helping hand 24-hours a day.
We encourage visits to Ferendune Court so you can meet our team and get a feel of what it would be like to live here. You will be able to look around, meet other residents, find out what goes on and ask any questions you may have. It is important to us that you make the right decision and are happy with your choice of new home.
I really enjoy meeting new people and showing them what our home has to offer. Please feel free to come in for a chat and see our home for yourself.
Ash Close, Faringdon, Oxfordshire, SN7 8ER, 01367 244267
Other Care homes nearby
Calder Close, Off Daventry Road, Banbury, Oxfordshire, OX16 3WR, 0800 0854158
Culpepper Close, Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, HP19 9DU, 0300 123 7243
Oakleigh Square, Hammond Way, Yateley, Hampshire, GU46 7AG, 01252 864 700
1 Garnier Drive, Eastleigh, Bishopstoke, Hampshire, SO50 6HE, 02380 645 201
62-70 Westwood Road, Southampton, Hampshire, SO17 1DP, 02380 670200
Quorn Way, Binley, Coventry, West Midlands, CV3 2JU, 0800 0852842
Botley Road, West End, Southampton, Hampshire, SO30 3RS, 0800 0854259
Heath Crescent, Stoke Heath, Coventry, West Midlands, CV2 4PR, 0800 0324023