Care homes Queensway, Wellingborough, Northamptonshire, NN8 3FR, 0800 085 4129 View on map
Welcome to Bilton Court
Anchor's Bilton Court in Wellingborough is a trusted provider of residential care for elderly people and we offer specialised services for elderly people who have dementia and physical disability.
Our care home’s well trained and helpful staff provide 24-hour care and support to help you maintain your chosen lifestyle, adapting as your needs change.
At Bilton Court, activities play an important role and we aim to enhance our residents’ quality of life by providing a varied range of social activities.
We pride ourselves on the quality of our catering with our chef preparing meals daily from fresh, seasonal ingredients.
Set in a quiet residential area, located in its own beautiful grounds, Bilton Court care home is close to local services and amenities, such as local shops, doctor’s surgery and chemist.
In times of uncertainty, Anchor is a care provider you can depend on. We are proudly not-for-profit with 50 years of experience.
Come and visit us at any time. We’re here to help and look forward to giving you a warm welcome.
Shared facilities complementing each private residence:
- Engaging activities programme
- Communal lounge
- Hairdressing salon
- Communal iPad
Care and support
In addition to residential care, we also offer:
- Respite care
- Palliative care
- Dementia care
- Convalescence care
- Parkinson's disease
Food and dining
We promote wellbeing through a positive dining experience:
- Communal dining area
- Nutrition and hydration stations
- Visitors are welcome to join residents for meals
Life at Bilton Court
At Bilton Court care home, we provide quality 24-hour residential care and specialist care for residents with dementia.
We support and develop our staff on an ongoing basis to enable them to provide the highest quality care for our residents.
At our home we have:
- A ‘pets are welcome’ policy by arrangement with the Manager
- A shop for small items including confectionery, toiletries and greetings cards
- A hairdressing salon
- A lift to upper floors
- A personal laundry facility and laundry service
- Regular religious services and meetings should you wish to take part
- Newspapers which can be ordered and delivered daily to your room
- Wheelchair access and car parking
- Free wifi throughout the building for your use
- The home is next to a selection of small shops, a pharmacy and GP Surgery
- Wellingborough town centre is 2 miles away and can be reached using excellent bus services
- The nearest hospital is Kettering General and Northampton General
- Wellingborough Railway Station is 3 miles away
- A theatre, swimming pool, and supermarket are less than 3 miles away
- Within good access to the M1 and A14
Bilton Court is a unique, purpose-built residence which was designed to provide residential care. Set in a quiet location and in its own grounds, Bilton Court has 41 single en-suite rooms and four larger rooms for couples with en-suite facilities.
Our home is fully furnished and decorated to a high standard with a call system which ensures that help is at hand 24 hours a day and free wifi throughout the building for your use.
We also have:
- Some rooms with views of the gardens
- A television point and connections for satellite and digital TV
- Tea-making facilities available to make drinks for you and your visitors
Other accommodation facilities include:
- Cosy lounges with TVs and quiet areas for reading and relaxing
- Bathrooms specially equipped so you can relax in comfort
- Safe, enclosed gardens with a patio and sitting areas, ideal for the summer
- A hairdressing salon
We encourage you to bring small personal items to enhance your room.
We know how important mealtimes are and like them to be a sociable and enjoyable part of the day. Our experienced chefs understand the nutritional requirements of older people and ensure all meals are prepared from fresh, seasonal ingredients.
We serve tasty, wholesome, good food and our menus change regularly with a daily choice available. Our care home catering team will consult with you on a regular basis to ensure we understand your food preferences and craft menus to match these. We also cater for residents with special dietary needs and create a “dining atmosphere” by decorating these areas in colours that stimulate the appetite and create ambience.
Our home also features nutrition and hydration stations in the communal areas. These discreet displays are stocked with a variety of snacks and soft drinks to enable residents to snack all day independently and encourage them to remain hydrated and well fed at all times.
All these factors boost residents appetites and enable them to enjoy their meal, which is essential in maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
Our care home organises and arranges a variety of opportunities for our residents to enjoy daily activities in our home and in the local community.
We work in partnership with the National Association for Providers of Activities for Older People (NAPA) and encourage activities that enhance our residents’ lifestyle, health and wellbeing.
Residents preferred activities, interests and ability are discussed when they move in and an agreed plan ensures that these requests are fulfilled (wherever possible). Our residents’ suggestions for activities also help shape the planning process.
We organise supervised day trips to leisure facilities and places of interest as well as social events in the home, including themed restaurant evenings, arts and crafts, quizzes and regular entertainers.
|Live music||No activity||Arts & crafts||No activity|
|Bowls||Outing||One-to-one chit chat||No activity|
|Bingo||No activity||Armchair exercises||No activity|
|Skittles||No activity||Sing-a-long||No activity|
|Pamper session||Communion (monthly)||Arts & crafts||No activity|
|No activity||No activity||No activity||No activity|
|Church service (monthly)||No activity||No activity||No activity|
At Bilton Court our caring and attentive staff work with our residents and their loved ones to create a detailed care plan which ensures our residents individual health and care needs are met.
We know how important it is to care for our residents with the dignity and respect they deserve and this is at the heart of what we do at Bilton Court care home.
Our commitment to advanced dementia training for our staff has helped the Department of Health pass its goal of 3,000 Dignity Champions nationwide.
Our health and social care partners include:
- A GP who is available on request
- A hairdresser visits every week
- A chiropodist visits on request
- A dentist and optician who visit the home on request
- The district nurse and physiotherapist who visit by arrangement
- Holistic therapist visits can be arranged
Anchor endeavour to be completely transparent about all our charges and fees. For further information please contact us.
How much does it cost?
Call us to discuss your specific care needs today
What is included in care home fees?
For many people, moving to a care home is a big decision and it can be difficult to know where to start. Care home fees are based on a range of factors, including specific care needs, which can change over time.
Living in an Anchor care home you can be confident that a single fee covers the cost of your personally tailored 24 hour care and support, utility bills and meals, as well as a fantastic range of daily activities. In an Anchor care home our weekly charge includes:
- cost of personal care
- utilities e.g. heating and light
- all resident catering, meals, snacks and drinks
- laundry undertaken on the premises
- television licence, including for person use
- housekeeping services.
The following extra items and services are not covered by the weekly fees, however we can arrange for them to be provided (at an additional cost):
- professional hairdressing
- personal copies of newspapers or magazines
- personal purchases such as stationery, confectionery, toiletries etc.
- clothing, shoes and slippers
- dry cleaning
- private telephone line rental and calls and cable connections.
In the absence of free provision by the NHS, we can also arrange for the following healthcare services to be provided, these will be charged in addition to the weekly fees:
- other privately arranged healthcare
- care staff accompaniment to regular medical appointments.
No upfront deposit is required at any of Anchor’s care homes to secure a room.
At Anchor we pride ourselves on offering a truly tailored approach to care and therefore need to fully understand your needs to provide you with an accurate fee estimate. Please call us to discuss your specific care needs today. Alternatively we welcome you to visit us to discuss your situation face-to-face.
Want more information on care home fees?
Learning about the different funding options available to you can also help you feel confident in your decisions. Anchor know that securing care home funding can sometimes appear a rather daunting task and so to help we have put together a free guide covering requesting assistance, top up fees and third-party payments.Care home fees
Queensway, Wellingborough, Northamptonshire, NN8 3FR, 0800 085 4129
Other Care homes nearby
Whinfell Close, Eaton Socon, St Neots, Cambridgeshire, PE19 8AB, 01480 479100
Clayburn Road, Peterborough, Cambridgeshire, PE7 8LB, 0300 1237235
Calder Close, Off Daventry Road, Banbury, Oxfordshire, OX16 3WR, 0800 085 4158
Quorn Way, Binley, Coventry, West Midlands, CV3 2JU, 0800 085 2842
Culpepper Close, Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, HP19 9DU, 0300 123 7243
Heath Crescent, Stoke Heath, Coventry, West Midlands, CV2 4PR, 0800 032 4023
60 Manor Road, Stechford, Birmingham, West Midlands, B33 8EJ, 0800 085 2595
10 - 14 St Agnes Road, Moseley, Birmingham, West Midlands, B13 9PW, 0800 085 2656
Tandy Drive, Kings Heath, Birmingham, West Midlands, B14 5DE, 0800 085 2835
Inveraray Close, Off Grampian Way, Derby, Derbyshire, DE24 3JX, 0800 085 2550