30 November 2015
Anchor named Best Care Home Operator
Anchor care colleagues scooped up seven awards at the weekend to achieve a record result.
In the National Care Awards in London on Friday, Anchor was named Best Care Home Operator – while at the West Midlands GB Care Awards on the same night, Anchor colleagues were on stage no fewer than six times to be named regional winners.
Care Services Director Mark Greaves – himself a winner on the night – said: “It was a great night, a proud moment, and a fantastic result to sweep up so many awards".
“It highlights what being the best is all about. Congratulations to the individual winners, and a thank you to all colleagues for providing great services to our customers and making sure we walked away with the Best Care Home Operator award.”
The winners of the Great West Midlands Care Awards announced at a ceremony on Friday were:
• Janice Woodfield – frontline leader award
• Eliana Santos – activity organiser award
• Charmah Gauntlett – care home registered manager award
• Karen McLaughlin – care home worker award
• Mark Greaves – outstanding contribution to social care award
• Leofric Lodge, Wyken Court and Henry Court – housing with care team of the year award
These wins round off a marvellous month of success, with winners at other Care Awards regional finals earlier in November being:
•Theresa Prescott – ancillary worker winner at the Great North West Care Awards
•Jean Davies – care home worker winner, and Karly Gillie – care newcomer winner at the Great North East Care Awards.
More details about past Anchor winners can be found on our awards page