Chatty benches are springing up all over the country to combat loneliness and reduce social isolation.
It’s a simple idea where existing or newly installed benches have a sign on them that shows by sitting on them, a person is happy to chat with whoever comes and sits next to them. It is a fantastic opportunity to increase face to face interaction, spark up new conversations and making lasting friendships.
Here are some ice breaker questions to spark your conversation:
• What interested you about sitting on a ‘Chatty Bench’?
• Where did you grow up?
• What’s your favourite hobby?
• If you could be anywhere in the world right now, where would you be?
• Are you a listener or a talker?
• When you were a child, what was your biggest dream?
• Do you have any pets?
• What’s your idea of a great day?
• What’s the biggest adventure you’ve been on?
• What was something courageous you’ve seen someone do?
• How many languages can you speak?
If you would like a plaque at your location, please get in touch with Lauren Smith, Resident Involvement & Wellbeing Project Lead at [email protected] or by phoning 07523943501 for more information.
Nobody needs to feel lonely.