Become a Digital Volunteer
You don’t need to be an IT expert to be an Anchor Digital Volunteer. During these difficult times you could really help make a huge difference to someone’s quality of life.
An Anchor Digital Volunteer is someone who helps others to understand the benefits of being online and can spend some time showing them how.
What being a Digital Volunteer with us involves
Being an Anchor Digital Volunteer will involve you delivering a remote 6-week training plan to an individual or group.
We will provide a lesson plan and some guidance to help provide a framework but once you and your learner have met and discussed their requirements you can of course tailor it to suite your needs.
We are keen to grow our network of Digital Volunteers and highlight the great work being done, so would also hope you will be happy to share good news stories and best practice with our colleagues and residents.
What you will receive as a Digital Volunteer
- You’ll get access to a whole host of guidance and lesson planning advice
- Support to develop your own digital knowledge, giving you confidence to share that knowledge with others
- A support network including a closed Facebook group for volunteers to share best practice with one another
- A certificate from Anchor recognising the skills you have demonstrated as a Digital Volunteer and contribution you have made to other people's wellbeing
- Personal satisfaction - knowing you’re making a real difference to others during these difficult times
If you're interested in becoming an Anchor Digital Volunteer please email [email protected].
Our BeWise services
Whether you rent or own your home, we could help increase your income by carrying out a short eligibility check.
EnergyWise offers free advice to help you decide if you would be better off with another supplier or tariff, and information about additional financial support which may be available.
InsuranceWise promotes a bespoke contents insurance policy that Anchor has arranged with Aviva Insurance Limited for residents living with us.