Our response to coronavirus: Safe and welcoming places to live
As the country moves out of the pandemic, we’re delighted that many of the restrictions placed on us all are starting to be lifted. It’s reassuring to be returning to normal, no more so than in the increasing levels of face-to-face contact residents and their families can enjoy.
As England’s largest not-for-profit provider of care and housing to older people, the safety and wellbeing of those living and working in our care homes and retirement communities has always been our priority – never more so than today.
And while the way we do things has changed slightly due to coronavirus, we continue to safely welcome new residents, with all the processes and procedures in place following advice from government and our regulators, to ensure everyone has a home where they can love living in later life.
- We understand how important visits are for everyone and are pleased that government restrictions on nominated visitors have been removed and we can welcome regular visits from family and friends, supported by PPE and testing. Residents can also nominate an Essential Care Giver who is able to visit more frequently and for longer, while following the same testing and PPE safety measures as our care teams. Our homes continue to offer visits to other friends or family members with COVID-safe arrangements in place for indoor and outdoor visiting
- We continue to follow all government and public health guidance in relation to our visiting – which may at times mean local changes due to transmission and variants in the area
- Vaccinations have been offered to all residents and staff and we’re making sure anyone coming to work in any of our care homes after 11 November is fully-vaccinated against COVID-19 (unless exempt for medical reasons) - in accordance with government requirements
- Regular whole home COVID-19 testing – we have a robust approach to routinely testing all residents and colleagues
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) which complies with government standards is worn by all colleagues
- In person show rounds are available for you and your loved-one to look around the home, by appointment and subject to testing and safety guidelines. Virtual how show round and “meet the team” video calls are also available
- A comprehensive settling-in plan for new residents, designed entirely around you or your loved-ones needs
- Experts in infection control – as members of the British Institute of Cleaning Science (BICSc) we take cleaning and cleanliness extremely seriously, with high standards of housekeeping and deep-cleaning using the highest quality products
- Creative activity programmes developed by our in-house team of wellness coordinators, from person-centred activities to home-wide events
- Our commitment to deliver safe care is recognised by The Care Quality Commission (CQC) and we’re proud to be the most compliant large provider of residential care in the country.
Information about our care homes during coronavirus
We understand that you will have many questions about finding your loved one a care home during this time and the information on these pages aims to give you some clarity.Find out more
Our housing managers are continuing to support residents, keeping in regular contact with residents and updating them about any further changes in government guidance which may affect their location.
We are asking our residents, colleagues, contractors and visitors to consider wearing face-coverings in public or enclosed areas
We are safely welcoming new residents, through lettings and sales, in accordance with government guidance
How we can support you during coronavirus
We understand that coronavirus restrictions continue to affect those living with us. The information and guidance on these pages will help you stay well during this challenging time.Find out more
As we move out of the pandemic, we continue to monitor the situation and ensure we follow and share government guidance.
We will continue to take every possible step to maintain the safety and wellbeing of our residents and colleagues. We have also published the risk assessment for our Bradford office below, as required by the latest guidance.
The following websites also contain useful guidance:
Download our housing residents' FAQs (updated 6 October 2021)
Download the risk assessment for our Bradford office (updated 5 October 2021)