COVID-19 – keeping everyone safe and well
You can be confident we’re always following government guidance to limit the impact of COVID-19 and other respiratory viruses.
Here we’ve set out what you need to know should you or a loved one be looking to live in one of our locations, you’re visiting someone you know, or you’re calling in for work reasons.
Please note that the latest advice and guidance from the UK Health and Security Agency (UKHSA) that indicates the risk of harm from COVID-19 across adult social care has now been significantly reduced.
This is due to high vaccination coverage and access to COVID-19 treatments for those at higher risk when appropriate.
The government still requires care homes to follow guidance around respiratory viruses such as flu, COVID-19 and other infections for example diarrhoea and vomiting.
Looking to move in
- We’ll be delighted to offer you a show round of any of our care homes
- Please contact the home to make an appointment
- When you and anyone with you arrive at the home, we’ll ask you to sign-in at reception using our sign-in app
- We hope you like the home, if you or a loved one would like to move in the home manager will arrange a pre-admission assessment
Visiting a loved one
- We understand how important visits are for everyone, and we will continue to follow all government guidance to ensure visits from family and friends take place
- We’ll ask you to sign-in at reception using our sign-in app
- We’ve also invested significantly in technology – such as Skype and FaceTime – so you can stay in touch regularly even if you are unable to travel to the home
- Your home manager will be able to advise if there are any specific infection control arrangements in place at the time of your visit
As a resident
- All our residents, colleagues and visitors are actively encouraged to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and flu
- As members of the British Institute of Cleaning Science (BICSc), our housekeeping teams use the highest-quality cleaning products and are trained to a high standard
- Our commitment to safe care practices is recognised by The Care Quality Commission. We’re proud they’ve identified Anchor as one of the most compliant large providers of residential care in the country
As a visiting professional
- We ask all our visitors – from district nurses to engineers to hairdressers - to sign-in at reception using our sign-in app
- We actively encourage visitors to be vaccinated against COVID-19 and flu to keep our residents, themselves and our colleagues safe
- There are times when we’ll ask you to follow the infection-control advice provided by our care team as determined by local health protection teams.