Property Surveyor Jobs at Anchor
Discover opportunities for a career in property surveyance at Anchor, England's largest provider of specialist housing and care for individuals in later life.
As a Property Surveyor, you'll play a crucial role in leading and managing property investment, service and inspection, and repairs services for a designated portfolio of properties (approximately 20-40 locations).
Working closely with housing and care operations teams, you'll ensure the timely delivery of services, meticulous property maintenance, and the achievement of property strategy targets.
What does the role of a Property Surveyor at Anchor involve?
Joining Anchor as a Property Surveyor means taking on a multifaceted role with key responsibilities that include:
- Identifying and correcting building defects: Proactively identifying and rectifying building defects to maintain the safety and quality of our properties.
- Managing project delivery: Efficiently managing project delivery to uphold high standards of property management.
- Analysing property performance: Analysing property performance, identifying opportunities for cost savings, and reporting this to relevant stakeholders.
- Ensuring contractual compliance: Ensuring strict compliance with contractual obligations to meet the needs of our residents.
On a day-to-day basis, Property Surveyors at Anchor:
- Ensure safety and upkeep of properties: Work with operational colleagues and residents to ensure that homes are safe, secure, and well-maintained.
- Lead property services: Take the lead in managing the delivery of property investment, service, inspection, and repairs services for the designated portfolio of properties.
- Conduct regular inspections: Undertake regular property inspections to assess and address property conditions effectively.
- Monitor ongoing and planned works: Ensure that necessary repairs and planned works are delivered in the most cost-effective manner possible.
- Investment and repair planning: Assess properties to develop approaches to future investment and repair planning.
Requirements for a Property Surveyor career at Anchor
To be a Surveyor at Anchor, individuals should possess and demonstrate the following skills and attributes:
- Building trust and collaboration: Build trust, promote openness, honesty, collaboration, and support across teams.
- Effective planning: Exhibit excellent planning and stakeholder management capabilities
- Commitment to growth: Develop and follow a learning and development plan for personal and professional growth.
- Pressure handling: Work well under pressure and remain resilient in challenging situations.
- Strong interpersonal skills: Possess strong interpersonal and networking skills.
- Effective communication: Communicate effectively with colleagues at all levels, fostering productive relationships.
We welcome individuals looking to develop their careers, including Degree/HND/HNC students part-way through their courses who may wish to explore part-time study options. At Anchor, we prioritise integrity, collaboration, and excellence in all aspects of our work and are seeking colleagues who share and embody these values.
Working in property surveyance at Anchor
Below some of our colleagues share their experiences of working in a Surveyor role at Anchor.
You can also hear from some of the people working in other roles across the wider Property and Assets team here.
I find working in the Property and Assets team at Anchor very rewarding and engaging, I get no two days the same and feel empowered to make decisions and solve problems. The wider P&A team is a pool o …
Asset Evaluation Surveyor
I started working at Anchor in August 2021 as a Repairs Surveyor and because of the excellent opportunities, I have been fortunate to carry out several different roles. I am currently working in the P …
I have worked in Property and Assets for around eight years and in that time, things have changed quite significantly. The culture here has developed to include a kind of strategic thinking which I fi …
Portfolio Strategy Surveyor
The best thing about working for Anchor is the social purpose, knowing the work I am doing is meaningful and has a positive impact on people’s lives keeps me extra-motivated. The Property & Assets dir …