Care Assistant Jobs at Anchor
Care Assistants at Anchor make a real and positive impact to the lives of older people who have a range of care needs, life experiences and personalities, making every day varied and interesting.
As a Care Assistant within one of our care homes, you will provide person centred care and support to assist residents to maintain their independence. This includes personal care, mealtimes, and activities whilst also providing a listening ear to those who need it most.
What does a Care Assistant role at Anchor involve?
Our Care Assistants enable residents to lead as active and independent lives as possible by providing holistic and personal care. Care Assistants promote choice to residents in their daily living by providing high quality care which meets Care Quality Commissions (CQC) fundamental standards and supports happy living for the years ahead.
Day to day, Care Assistants will be responsible for:
- Delivering the care plan
- Prioritising tasks as appropriate
- Accurate and legible documentation
- Identifying and ensuring health and safety standards are met
- Identifying and reporting signs of poor practice or abuse
- Escalating concerns / issues as appropriate
- Complying with CQC essential standards and Anchor procedures
What are the requirements of a Care Assistant role at Anchor?
To be a Care Assistant at Anchor, we require individuals to have the ability to demonstrate the following skills:
- Commitment and passion to provide high-quality person-centred care
- Strong interpersonal and empathy skills
- Approachable attitude
- Ability to work as part of a team and individually. Ability to prioritise and plan around resident needs
- Create an environment where customers feel able to participate and contributes ideas
Even if you have no previous professional care experience you will be provided with all the training and development you will need to excel at your job. You will be provided with on-the-job training through NVQ’s and QCF’s.
When you join our care team, you’ll be working with colleagues dedicated to making a real and positive difference to older people’s lives. Apply for a meaningful career with Anchor today.
What are the benefits of being a Care Assistant at Anchor?
View testimonials from colleagues working within our care teams below, and find out more about the benefits of working at Anchor here.
What our Care colleagues say
Why join us?
Our rewards and benefits
Love what you do…and get rewarded. Find out more about our rewards and benefits.
Our learning and development
Develop your skills…and go the distance. Find out more about learning and development with us.
Our culture and values
Find where you belong…and join a community. Find out more about our culture and values.
Join our team
Find a role you love…and join our team. Find out more about joining our team.