Housekeeping Jobs at Anchor
Our Housekeeping teams ensure that our care homes are clean, pleasant and safe for residents.
By providing an effective and efficient housekeeping and laundry service, Anchor’s Housekeepers help our care homes to deliver a high level of customer care, encouraging the independence of residents and supporting happy living for the years ahead.
What are the responsibilities of working within Anchor’s Housekeeping team?
Working within a Housekeeping team at one of our care home properties, Housekeepers will be required to:
- Clean to a high standard in compliance with the specific cleaning guidelines and schedules
- Wash, dry and iron customers clothes and linen, maintain an organised washing system
- Check all areas of the home are supplied with adequate housekeeping items and report any shortages
- Comply with all statutory and legal requirements which are relevant
- Use all equipment in full, safe working order, conducting checks and reports any faults
- Carry out minor repairs and labelling of clothing as requested by residents
- Provide extra support with care delivery (as directed by Managers)
What are the requirements of a Housekeeper role at Anchor?
To be a Housekeeper at Anchor, we require individuals to have the ability to demonstrate the following skills:
- Ability to work as part of a team and individually
- Time management
- Strong interpersonal and empathy skills
- Ability to prioritise and plan around customer needs.
Previous cleaning experience and knowledge is desirable.
When you join our care team, you’ll be working with colleagues dedicated to making a real and positive difference to older people’s lives. Apply for a meaningful career with Anchor today.
What is it like to work as a Housekeeper at Anchor?
View testimonials from colleagues working within our care teams below, and find out more about the benefits of working at Anchor here.
What our Care colleagues say
Why join us?
Our rewards and benefits
Love what you do…and get rewarded. Find out more about our rewards and benefits.
Our learning and development
Develop your skills…and go the distance. Find out more about learning and development with us.
Our culture and values
Find where you belong…and join a community. Find out more about our culture and values.
Join our team
Find a role you love…and join our team. Find out more about joining our team.