Senior Care Assistant Jobs at Anchor
Anchor’s Senior Care Assistants, often known as Team Leaders, deliver a quality of service which meets Care Quality Commission (CQC) fundamental standards, improving the quality of resident’s lives and supporting happy living for the years ahead.
As a Senior Care Assistant within one of our care homes, you will be responsible for leading the team on shift, assessing priorities and delegating available resource effectively. As Team Leader you will ensure documentation is completed and medication is administered, recorded and ordered.
What does a Senior Care Assistant role at Anchor involve?
As a Senior Care Assistant within one of our homes, you’ll be responsible for supporting people with a wide range of needs. This role will also give you the opportunity to use your management skills to ensure a high level of quality care is being delivered.
Day to day, Senior Care Assistants will be accountable for and make decisions on:
- Care reviews
- Delivery of rotas
- Compliance with Anchor policies, CQC fundamental standards and other legislation directly affecting the location and its customers
- Performance of the care team
- Identification and reporting of any incidences of poor practice or abuse in line with the safeguarding policy
- Escalation of concerns/issues to Deputy Managers as appropriate
What are the requirements of a Senior Care Assistant role at Anchor?
To be a Senior Care Assistant at Anchor, we require individuals to have the ability to demonstrate the following skills:
- Commitment and passion to provide high quality care
- Negotiation and influencing skills
- Ability to adapt to different situations and work under pressure
- Management and organisation skills
- Flexible and reliable
- Approachable attitude
- Experience in working with customers in a home care environment preferably with a level 3 in health and social care or with a view of working towards it.
When you join our care team, you’ll be working with colleagues dedicated to making a real and positive difference to older people’s lives. Apply for a meaningful career with Anchor today.
What are the benefits of working as a Senior Care Assistant at Anchor?
View testimonials from colleagues working within our care teams below, and find out more about the benefits of working at Anchor here.
What our Care colleagues say
Why join us?
Our rewards and benefits
Love what you do…and get rewarded. Find out more about our rewards and benefits.
Our learning and development
Develop your skills…and go the distance. Find out more about learning and development with us.
Our culture and values
Find where you belong…and join a community. Find out more about our culture and values.
Join our team
Find a role you love…and join our team. Find out more about joining our team.