Data Analyst Jobs at Anchor
Looking for a new career opportunity in data? Read more about being a Data Analyst at Anchor, England's leading provider of specialist housing and care for people in later life.
The Data Analyst role focuses on developing dashboards and reports, tracking KPI’s, analysing the impact of various initiatives and performing deep-dive analyses to support all areas of Anchor’s Property and Assets department.
What does a Data Analyst role at Anchor involve?
As a Data Analyst at Anchor, you'll play a crucial role in our Property and Assets department by:
- Developing dashboards and reports: Create informative dashboards and reports that provide valuable insights into our operations.
- Tracking key performance indicators (KPIs): Monitor and assess the performance of Anchor's Property and Assets team through data-driven KPI tracking.
- Analysing impact: Evaluate the effects of various initiatives to drive informed decision-making.
- Conducting deep-dive analyses: Delve into data to unearth meaningful insights that support our organisation's growth.
- Engaging with stakeholders: Collaborate closely with key stakeholders within Property and Assets to understand and document detailed business reporting requirements. Effective stakeholder management and workload prioritisation are essential aspects of this role.
- Communicating clearly: Present your analyses and findings to both technical and non-technical stakeholders with clarity and confidence, avoiding jargon and technical terms.
What are the requirements of a Data Analyst role at Anchor?
To excel in this role, you should possess:
- Advanced MS Excel: Proficiency in Excel is a must for data manipulation and reporting.
- Clear communication: Effective communication skills are essential when presenting findings.
- Proficiency in MS applications: Familiarity with other MS applications is crucial for holistic data management.
- Experience with dashboards: Previous experience in building dashboards and handling large datasets within MS Excel.
- Reporting expertise: Capability to gather and deliver against reporting requirements accurately
- Attention to detail: A sharp eye for detail to ensure data accuracy.
- Analytical skills: Application of core analytical and problem-solving skills.
While not mandatory, the following skills and experiences are an advantage:
- Commercial mindset: A business-oriented mindset can add value to your analyses.
- Housing sector experience: Prior experience in the housing sector is a plus.
- SQL and data languages: Ability or willingness to learn SQL and other data languages as needed.
- Power BI experience: Familiarity with Power BI can be beneficial.
If you would like to play an important role in our Property and Assets department and use your expertise to make a real difference in the lives of our residents and staff apply today.
Working as a Data Analyst at Anchor
Below some of our colleagues share their experiences of working in Data Analyst roles at Anchor.
You can also hear from some of the people working in other roles across the wider Property and Assets team here.
Asset Business Intelligence Manager
I have worked for Anchor for just over 4 years, starting as an Analyst and moving to Lead Analyst and then Asset Business Intelligence Manager. I have been fully supported throughout my career here an …
Senior Data Analyst
I have worked for Anchor for more than a decade and I currently work in the Business Intelligence team in the Property and Assets Department. I enjoy how my team always pull together to support each o …
Business Improvement Officer
I initially joined Anchor as a Personal Assistant in July 2016. I become part of the Property and Assets Business Performance team in December 2021, its’ great being part of a team that is focussed on …