Anchor’s retirement properties for sale offer you the opportunity to own your perfect retirement home with peace of mind that maintenance of the building and grounds will be taken care of by a professional property management service.
What could my new home be like?
Anchor manages over 230 purpose-built leasehold retirement developments, all designed to meet your needs, both now and into the future. Ranging from quiet cul-de-sacs to award-winning estates with a real sense of community, each Anchor retirement development is unique; however all share the same high standard of construction, responsive management and total commitment to quality customer service.
Our retirement properties for sale include apartments, bungalows and houses with one, two and occasionally three bedrooms. To complement each private residence, all of our retirement developments offer some shared facilities for the use and enjoyment of all residents, these can include attractive landscaped gardens, guest suites, communal lounges for social activities and events, conservatory areas and laundry rooms.
24-hour peace of mind
An experienced resident or visiting estate manager supports each Anchor retirement leasehold development, overseeing the properties and are there to provide as much or as little advice as you would like.
In addition to our estate managers, 24-hour support is provided for all leasehold customers through Anchorcall; an alarm call system monitored by friendly, well trained staff. We understand that maintaining your independence is important and have ensured that the support we offer is discreet and designed to provide peace of mind for you and your family.
As a valued Anchor customer you can be assured that should your needs change we will be on hand to offer you help and advice on the type of housing or care you may need going forward. Find out more about how Anchor help meet our customers changing needs.
Anchor’s property management service
Purchasing an Anchor-managed retirement home means you can enjoy your retirement while we carry out all the tasks associated with managing and maintaining the property on your behalf. With many years’ experience of delivering specialist retirement leasehold management, we can promise customers an efficient, responsive service that is open, accountable and above all unbeatable value for money.
Customers living in Anchor’s retirement developments pay a service charge to cover costs directly related to their development including services provided such as the estate manager, shared facilities, property maintenance, buildings insurance and a management fee. Service charges are put together in accordance with the terms of your lease and reviewed annually.
An introduction to Anchor’s tenure types
We offer a number of different tenure types to suit our customers’ particular needs and requirements.
Outright leasehold ownership
This is the most common form of ownership, whereby customers buy at full market value. Sellers and purchasers negotiate the sale price, determined by current market values. Sellers are free to put their property on the market at the price they wish.
Outright freehold ownership
We also have a small amount of freehold developments which are purchased in the same way as outright leasehold estates, however rather than a lease, you will have a freehold transfer.
There are two types of government-sponsored schemes – ‘Leasehold Scheme for the Elderly’ and ‘Shared Ownership Scheme for the Elderly’, which are available at a selection of Anchor developments. These both make owning your own property even more affordable.
Under the ‘Leasehold Scheme for the Elderly’, each property is sold for 70 per cent of market value, while the purchaser enjoys exclusive ownership and use. The remaining 30 per cent is rent free.
Under the ‘Shared Ownership Scheme for the Elderly’, customers buy a 25, 50 or 75 per cent share of the property. The proportion that can be purchased is dependent on the percentage previously owned when the property is put up for sale. Rent is payable on either 25 or 50 per cent of the property but 25 per cent is always rent free.
In buying an Anchor retirement property you can be confident you are buying a comfortable, attractive home, built and maintained to the highest standard. Anchor offers a wide range of choice across England. Look for a retirement property for sale that's right for you by using our Find a property tool here.