Teal Beck House
Care homes Teal Beck Approach, Crow Lane, Otley, West Yorkshire, LS21 1RJ, 0800 0854329 View on map
Welcome to Teal Beck House
Anchor's Teal Beck House in Otley is a trusted provider of residential care for elderly people, and we offer specialised services for elderly people who have a physical disabilities.
Our care home’s well trained and helpful staff provide 24-hour care and support to help you maintain your chosen lifestyle, adapting as your needs change.
At Teal Beck House activities play an important role and we aim to enhance our residents’ quality of life by providing a varied range of social activities.
We pride ourselves on the quality of our catering with our chef preparing meals daily from fresh, seasonal ingredients.
Set in a market town with good transport links to Leeds, Harrogate and Bradford, and located in its own beautiful grounds, Teal Beck House care home is close to local services and amenities, such as a library, post office and shops.
In times of uncertainty, Anchor is a care provider you can depend on. We are proudly not-for-profit with 50 years of experience.
Come and visit us at any time. We’re here to help and look forward to giving you a warm welcome.
Shared facilities complementing each private residence:
- Engaging activities programme
- Communal lounge
- Hairdressing salon
- Communal iPad
Care and support
In addition to residential care, we also offer:
- Respite care
- Palliative care
- Dementia care
- Convalescence care
- Parkinson's disease
Food and dining
We promote wellbeing through a positive dining experience:
- Communal dining area
- Nutrition and hydration stations
- Private dining area
- Visitors are welcome to join residents for meals
Life at Teal Beck House
At Teal Beck House we provide quality 24-hour residential care.
We support and develop our staff on an ongoing basis to enable them to provide the highest quality care for our residents.
At our home we have:
- A library
- A ‘pets are welcome’ policy by arrangement with the Manager
- A shop for small items
- A licensed bar
- A hairdressing salon
- A lift to upper floors
- A personal laundry facility and laundry service
- A pay telephone is available and there is a private telephone line in each room
- Regular religious services and meetings should you wish to take part
- Newspapers are available in the lounge or you could order one to be delivered to your room
- Wheelchair access and car parking
- Teal Beck House is 10 miles from Leeds and 6 miles from Bradford and excellent bus services are available
- The nearest hospital is Wharfedale
- Menston Railway Station is 3 miles away
- The town has a swimming pool and there is a supermarket within walking distance
Teal Beck House is a unique, purpose-built residence which was designed to provide social care. Set in a quiet location its own grounds, Teal Beck House has 50 single en-suite rooms. Married couples usually have 2 rooms and use 1 as a lounge and 1 as a bedroom. Most rooms have views of the garden.
Our home is fully furnished and decorated to a high standard with a call system which ensures that help is at hand 24 hours a day.
We also have:
- Some rooms with views of the gardens
- 3 rooms that open directly onto gardens
- A television point and connections for satellite and digital TV
- Tea-making facilities and fridges in all rooms to make drinks for you and your visitors
Other accommodation facilities include:
- Cosy lounges and quiet areas for reading and relaxing
- A licensed bar is available to residents and visitors
- Bathrooms specially equipped so you can relax in comfort
- Safe, enclosed gardens
We encourage you to bring small personal items to enhance your room.
We know how important mealtimes are and like them to be a sociable and enjoyable part of the day. Our experienced chefs attend Anchor's Cater Craft training course which enables them to understand the nutritional requirements of elderly people and to ensure all meals are prepared from fresh, seasonal ingredients.
We serve tasty, wholesome, good food and our menus change regularly with a daily choice available. We also cater for residents with special dietary needs and create a “dining atmosphere” by decorating these areas in colours that stimulate the appetite and create ambiance.
Our staff respect individual preferences. All these factors boost residents appetites and enable them to enjoy their meal, which is essential in maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
Our care home organises and arranges a variety of opportunities for our residents to enjoy daily activities in our home and in the local community.
We work in partnership with the National Association for Providers of Activities for Older People (NAPA) and encourage activities that enhance our residents’ lifestyle, health and wellbeing.
Residents preferred activities, interests and ability are discussed when they move in and an agreed plan ensures that these requests are fulfilled (wherever possible). Our residents’ suggestions for activities also help shape the planning process.
We organise supervised day trips to leisure facilities and places of interest as well as social events in the home, including themed restaurant evenings, arts and crafts, quizzes and regular entertainers.
At Teal Beck House our caring and attentive staff work with our residents and their loved ones to create a detailed care plan which ensures our residents individual health and care needs are met
We know how important it is to care for our residents with the dignity and respect they deserve and this is at the heart of what we do at Teal Beck House care home.
Our commitment to advanced dementia training for our staff has helped the Department of Health pass its goal of 3,000 Dignity Champions nationwide.
Our health and social care partners include:
- A choice of 3 GP surgeries who will visit on request
- A hairdresser visits twice a week or on request
- A chiropodist visits every 6- 8 weeks or when requested
- A dentist and optician who visit the home or you may visit one in the town if you prefer
- The district nurse and physiotherapist who visit by arrangement
- Holistic therapist – visits can be arranged
Anchor endeavour to be completely transparent about all our charges and fees. For further information please contact us.
How much does it cost?
Call us to discuss your specific care needs today
What is included in care home fees?
For many people, moving to a care home is a big decision and it can be difficult to know where to start. Care home fees are based on a range of factors, including specific care needs, which can change over time.
Living in an Anchor care home you can be confident that a single fee covers the cost of your personally tailored 24 hour care and support, utility bills and meals, as well as a fantastic range of daily activities. In an Anchor care home our weekly charge includes:
- cost of personal care
- utilities e.g. heating and light
- all resident catering, meals, snacks and drinks
- laundry undertaken on the premises
- television licence, including for person use
- housekeeping services.
The following extra items and services are not covered by the weekly fees, however we can arrange for them to be provided (at an additional cost):
- professional hairdressing
- personal copies of newspapers or magazines
- personal purchases such as stationery, confectionery, toiletries etc.
- clothing, shoes and slippers
- dry cleaning
- private telephone line rental and calls and cable connections.
In the absence of free provision by the NHS, we can also arrange for the following healthcare services to be provided, these will be charged in addition to the weekly fees:
- other privately arranged healthcare
- care staff accompaniment to regular medical appointments.
No upfront deposit is required at any of Anchor’s care homes to secure a room.
At Anchor we pride ourselves on offering a truly tailored approach to care and therefore need to fully understand your needs to provide you with an accurate fee estimate. Please call us to discuss your specific care needs today. Alternatively we welcome you to visit us to discuss your situation face-to-face.
Want more information on care home fees?
Learning about the different funding options available to you can also help you feel confident in your decisions. Anchor know that securing care home funding can sometimes appear a rather daunting task and so to help we have put together a free guide covering requesting assistance, top up fees and third-party payments.Care home fees
At Teal Beck House we have a caring team of well qualified professionals, passionate about what they do and dedicated to ensuring our residents always feel confident that they can rely on a friendly face and helping hand 24-hours a day.
We encourage visits to Teal Beck House so you can meet our team and get a feel of what it would be like to live here. You will be able to look around, meet other residents, find out what goes on and ask any questions you may have. It is important to us that you make the right decision and are happy with your choice of new home.
I am committed to helping customers, families, staff and external bodies whenever they need assistance.
Teal Beck House
Teal Beck Approach, Crow Lane, Otley, West Yorkshire, LS21 1RJ, 0800 0854329
Other Care homes nearby
Orchard Way, Guiseley, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS20 9EP, 0800 0854324
Kelvin Way, Undercliffe, Bradford, West Yorkshire, BD2 3EF, 0800 0854292
The Manor House, Harrogate
60 Cornwall Road, Harrogate, North Yorkshire, HG1 2NE, 01423 500 010
Cliff Road, Headingley, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS6 2EZ, 0800 0854319
1 Far Fold Lane, Armley, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS12 3UE, 08000 853022
Simon Marks Court
Lynwood Garth, Lynwood View, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS12 4BE, 0800 0854326
Chatsworth Road, Harehills, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS8 3QJ, 0113 249 9170
Oak Tree Lodge
Foundry Approach, Gipton, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS9 6BT, 0113 2491583
17 Joseph Street, Hunslet, Leeds, West Yorkshire, LS10 2AD, 0800 0854320