Care homes Coley Avenue, Woking, Surrey, GU22 7BT View on map
Welcome to Heathside
Anchor’s Heathside in Woking is a trusted provider of residential care for elderly people, and we offer specialised services for elderly people who have dementia, physical disability, or who are elderly or frail.
Our care home’s well trained and helpful staff provide 24-hour care and support to help you maintain your chosen lifestyle, adapting as your needs change.
At Heathside, activities play an important role and we aim to enhance our residents’ quality of life by providing a varied range of social activities.
We pride ourselves on the quality of our catering, with our chef preparing meals daily from fresh, seasonal ingredients.
Set in a quiet residential area in its own beautiful grounds, Heathside care home is close to local services and amenities such as shops, theatres, swimming pool and parks. The train station, town centre and local community hospital are all within walking distance and the local school and church are encouraged to visit when Heathside holds community events such as fairs and fetes.
Come and visit us at any time. We’re here to help and look forward to giving you a warm welcome.
Shared facilities complementing each private residence:
- Dedicated Activities Co‑ordinator
- Hairdressing salon
- Communal iPad
Care and support
In addition to residential care, we also offer:
- Respite care
- Palliative care
- Dementia care
- Parkinson's disease
- Personalised care plans
Food and dining
We promote wellbeing through a positive dining experience:
- Communal dining area
- Nutrition and hydration stations
- Visitors are welcome to join residents for meals
Life at Heathside
At Heathside care home, we provide quality 24-hour residential care and specialist care for residents with dementia.
We support and develop our staff on an on-going basis to enable them to provide the highest quality care for our residents.
At our home we have:
- A large day centre for activities and entertainment
- A library
- A ‘pets are welcome’ policy by arrangement with the Manager
- A shop for small items
- A hairdressing salon and visiting hairdresser twice a week
- A lift to the upper floor
- A personal laundry facility and laundry service
- A pay telephone or the facility for a private telephone line in each room
- Regular religious services and meetings should you wish to take part
- Newspapers which can be ordered and delivered daily to your room
- Wheelchair access and car parking
- Woking town centre is one mile away and can be reached by foot
- The nearest hospital is Woking Community Hospital, Heathside Road
- Woking Railway Station is one mile away
- A theatre, swimming pool, golf course and supermarket are one mile away
Heathside is a unique, purpose-built residence which was designed to provide person-centred care. Set in a quiet location and in its own grounds, Heathside has 51 single rooms set over two floors accessible by a lift. The home’s rooms are divided into seven living areas, strengthening bonds between residents and supporting care provision. Several of the rooms have lovely views of the communal gardens and patios and all have good wheelchair access.
Our home is fully furnished and decorated to a high standard with a call system which ensures that help is at hand 24 hours a day.
We also have:
- All living areas have their own lounge/kitchen/dining areas
- Some rooms with views of the gardens
- Some lounges open directly onto gardens
- A television point and connections for satellite and digital TV
- Tea-making facilities available to make drinks for you and your visitors
Other accommodation facilities include:
- Cosy lounges with TVs and quiet areas for reading and relaxing
- A large day centre for residents and visitors to enjoy activities
- Bathrooms specially equipped so you can relax in comfort
- Safe, enclosed gardens with a range of seating areas
We encourage you to bring small personal items to enhance your room.
Your pets are welcome after assessment, providing you are able to take full responsibility for them.
We know how important mealtimes are to our residents, so we always try to make this a sociable and enjoyable experience, whilst recognising individual choice.
Heathside's Food Promise ensures all our menus offer freshly cooked, appetising and nutritionally balanced meals including:
- Cooked breakfast everyday
- Wholesome homemade soup everyday
- Freshly baked biscuits and cakes everyday
- Traditional Sunday Roast
- Fish and Chip Friday
- Our Chef’s Signature dish
- A variety of snacks available all day
- Sweet of the Day, chosen by you
Our Chefs understand the nutritional needs of older people and ensure that our meals are prepared using fresh, seasonal ingredients.
We serve tasty, wholesome dishes and involve residents in selecting our menus at a local level. We offer daily choice of meals and cater for special dietary needs and preferences, helping keep our residents healthy and well nourished.
Our care home has a dedicated Activities Co-ordinator who organises and arranges a variety of opportunities for our residents to enjoy daily activities in our home and in the local community.
We work in partnership with the National Association for Providers of Activities for Older People (NAPA) and encourage activities that enhance our residents’ lifestyle, health and wellbeing.
Residents preferred activities, interests and ability are discussed when they move in and an agreed plan ensures that these requests are fulfilled. Our residents’ suggestions for activities also help shape the planning process.
We organise supervised day trips to leisure facilities and places of interest as well as social events in the home, including theatre productions, themed restaurant evenings, arts and crafts, baking sessions, quizzes, bingo and regular entertainers.
Heathside also has an iPad which residents use for a range of activities including staying in touch with relatives and friends through Skype and other apps.
At Heathside, our caring and attentive staff work with our residents and their loved ones to create a detailed care plan which ensures our residents individual health and care needs are met.
We know how important it is to care for our residents with the dignity and respect they deserve and this is at the heart of what we do at Heathside care home.
Our commitment to advanced dementia training for our staff has helped the Department of Health pass its goal of 3,000 Dignity Champions nationwide.
Our health and social care partners include:
- GP surgeries who are available on request
- A hairdresser visits twice every week
- A chiropodist visits 6 weekly or on request
- A dentist and optician who visit the home by request.
- The district nurse’s visit at least twice weekly and physiotherapist who visits by arrangement
- Holistic therapist visits can be arranged
Heathside is proud to be a diverse community, a home to residents of different ethnicities and religions with staff who speak an array of different languages including Italian, Portuguese, Punjabi, Hindi, Urdu, Polish, Chinese and Nepalese.
Anchor endeavour to be completely transparent about all our charges and fees. For further information please contact us.
How much does it cost?
Call us to discuss your specific care needs today
What is included in care home fees?
For many people, moving to a care home is a big decision and it can be difficult to know where to start. Care home fees are based on a range of factors, including specific care needs, which can change over time. Nevertheless, we all want the best we can afford – whether for ourselves or a loved one.
Living in an Anchor care home you can be confident that a single fee covers the cost of your personally tailored 24 hour care and support, all utility bills and meals as well as a fantastic range of daily activities.
At Anchor we pride ourselves on offering a truly tailored approach to care and therefore need to fully understand your needs to provide you with an accurate fee estimate. Please call us to discuss your specific care needs today. Alternatively we welcome you to visit us to discuss your situation face-to-face.
Want more information on care home fees?
Learning about the different funding options available to you can also help you feel confident in your decisions. Anchor know that securing care home funding can sometimes appear a rather daunting task and so to help we have put together a free guide covering requesting assistance, top up fees and third-party payments.Care home fees
Coley Avenue, Woking, Surrey, GU22 7BT