Warm Home Discount
What is Warm Home Discount?
The Warm Home Discount is a one-off £140 payment applied to eligible customers’ electricity bills sometime between October and April. It has been designed to help reduce costs for those living on a low income or pension over the winter months.
Guide to the Warm Home Discount (Oct 2021)
Not all suppliers participate in the Warm Home Discount scheme, so you should bear this in mind if considering switching supplier. More suppliers are being brought into the scheme in 2021-22, but it is still important to check before your switch. See below for how you may qualify and apply for the Warm Home Discount.
You can find out more about your eligibility by calling our EnergyWise Advisors who are happy to help you apply or discuss switching to another supplier so that you can take advantage of the Warm Home Discount Scheme. Call them on 0800 023 2029 or email [email protected]
In receipt of Pension Credit Guarantee?
You should be eligible under the ‘Core Group’ meaning that you do not need to make an application. You should receive a letter from the DWP informing you of any actions you need to take. Usually the discount will be applied automatically without you needing to do anything.
To be eligible under the core group you will need to meet the following criteria before 4th July 2021:
- Your energy supplier participates in the scheme. Click here to check if your energy company is taking part in the scheme.
- Your, or your partner’s name is on the electricity bill
- You receive the guarantee credit element of Pension Credit.
Please note: If you do not receive a letter from the DWP by December 2021 you may need to make an application. Please contact Energywise on 0800 023 2029 or visit your energy company’s website to apply directly.
What if I don’t get Pension Credit Guarantee?
You may still qualify within your energy company’s ‘broader group’ criteria. Each company has their own criteria such as being on a low income or in receipt of means tested benefits.
You must apply directly to your energy supplier and can do this by using the links below or calling our EnergyWise team on 0800 023 2029.
Utilita only open their broader group scheme for one week (11-18 August 2021). It is also not guaranteed that you will receive the discount when applying as numbers are limited. If you cannot receive the discount through Utilita then consider switching suppliers to take advantage of the scheme. Call our advisors on 0800 023 4477 if you would like us to help you with a comparison and switch.
Are you Over 66?
Click on your company below for more information and to make an application online.
If you have a household income of less than £16,190 you may be eligible for the Warm Home Discount in the broader group, if you are with the following energy companies:
You are in receipt of Pension Savings Credit:
Are you of Working Age (under 66)?
If you have an income of less than £16,190 you may qualify with the following companies if you meet their additional criteria:
- Ovo has many different ways to qualify so please check on their website as you may be able to apply
- Shell Energy if over 60
- Avro if over 60
- EDF if over 62
- Octopus Energy if over 62
You will also be eligible for the discount with all energy companies participating in the scheme if you are in receipt of:
- Income Related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA) or Job Seekers Allowance (JSA). In addition to this you will also need to have one of the following:
- A disabled child,
- A child under 5,
- Care components of Personal Independence Payments (PIP or Disability Living Allowance (DLA)
- Pensioner premium
- Universal Credit and have earned between £0 and £1349 in any of the 6 months prior to your application. In addition to this you will also need to have one of the following:
- Limited capability for work or limited capability for work and work-related activity
- In receipt of a disabled child element
- A child under 5
- Child Tax Credit if income if below £16,190 and you have one of the following:
- A child under 5
- A disabled child
If you fulfil one of the above criteria, please visit the gov.uk website or click on any of links on this page for your energy company.
Our BeWise services
Whether you rent or own your home, we could help increase your income by carrying out a short eligibility check.
EnergyWise offers free advice to help you decide if you would be better off with another supplier or tariff, and information about additional financial support which may be available.
InsuranceWise promotes a bespoke contents insurance policy that Anchor has arranged with Aviva Insurance Limited for residents living with us.