Call us 9am-5pm Monday-Friday on 0800 023 2029
EnergyWise is one of our BeWise advice services and offers people living and working with us help exploring different energy suppliers and tariffs.
Our advisors can help you to:
- Save money by assisting you to switch energy supplier or tariff to the best deal
- Look into any excessive bills or problems with your energy supplier
- Offer energy saving hints and tips such as how to use your heating more efficiently
- Talk to you about saving money on your water bills
- Put you in touch with MoneyWise, our specialist welfare benefits advisors.
- Help you register for the Priority Services Register
Switching energy suppliers can be confusing. Companies show their tariffs in different ways and have a range of different tariffs. Using our EnergyWise service you can decide if you would be better off switching, or if you could make savings by staying with your current provider and changing tariffs.
You can also check your eligibility for the Warm Home Discount or a Winter Fuel Payment.
Our energy advice service compares all gas and electricity suppliers against the prices you are currently paying. Statistics show that nine out of ten people can achieve noticeable savings on their energy bills just by changing provider or tariff.
There are no hidden charges or costs in using our energy advice service.
How we've helped residents save money
Here are examples of how EnergyWise has supported people living with us make cost saving changes.
- A resident in Yorkshire saved a total of £955 with the help of the EnergyWise service. Our advisor helped her claim £624 on her energy bill which was a result of incorrect readings. The advisor also helped her switch supplier and helped her claim £140 from the Warm Home Discount scheme.
- A resident in Cornwall saved nearly £400 with the help of our advice service. The advisor supported him changing his prepayment meter to a credit meter, switch to a cheaper tariff. The customer was also eligible for a discount on his water bills which he didn’t realise he was entitled to.
Want to know if you could switch and save?
There are a number of ways EnergyWise can support you:
- Call EnergyWise on 0800 023 2029 and discuss your bills with our Energy Advisor. Please have your latest bill to hand so that an accurate comparison can be carried out
- Scan and email a copy of your latest bill to: [email protected] and our Energy Advisor will email you back with advice and information
- Use our Energy Shop website to carry out an energy price comparison for yourself.
Related guides and support
Warm Home Discount
The Warm Home Discount is an annual one-off £140 payment, applied directly to your energy bills to help with the cost of energy over the winter months. Find out more.
Energy saving light bulbs explained
Anchor’s Energy team have written this information to explain the key differences between the types of energy saving light bulbs available and help you decide which are the best for you.
Energy efficiency tips
At Anchor we are committed to responsible energy management, reducing energy costs for our customers and minimising our environmental impact.
Our BeWise services
Whether you rent or own your home, we could help increase your income by carrying out a short eligibility check.
EnergyWise offers free advice to help you decide if you would be better off with another supplier or tariff, and information about additional financial support which may be available.
InsuranceWise promotes a bespoke contents insurance policy that Anchor has arranged with Aviva Insurance Limited for residents living with us.