Anchor is proud to have received many awards for the high quality services we provide and our pioneering approach to care and housing for older people.
We are delighted to highlight the achievements of our teams and celebrate the dedication, passion and commitment of Anchor’s colleagues.
Anchor awards 2016
Employment and HR awards
- Sunday Times Best Places to Work – 81st in not-for-profit category
- Top 100 Employer of School & College Leavers (49th Place)
- Finalist in the Great British Care Awards – Care Assistant of the Year – Ryan Bull, Teal Beck
- Finalist in the National Care Awards – Apprentice of the Year – Ellie O’Grady
- Finalist in the Personnel Today Awards – Best Youth Initiative (TBC)
- Finalist in the Skills for Care Accolades – Best Employer Support for Apprentices
- Finalist in the LPI Learning Awards – Apprentice Programme of the Year
- AllAboutSchoolLeavers – 49th place in the Top 100 Employers of School & College Leavers list. The list is solely based on the opinions of the people currently participating in training programmes. We are in the top 50 with Barclays, BP, and Mercedes
- CIPD People Management Awards – The most prestigious HR awards in the UK. The ER team was a finalist in the Best Employee Relations Initiative category
- Personnel Today Awards – Finalist in the Youth Employment Initiative.
- CIPR Inside Awards – Finalist in the Best Employee Engagement category
- Best Recruitment Advertising Campaign - won
- Best Use of Social Media – won
- Institute of Internal Communicators North & Central awards – winner of Best Change Communication for the Business Plan
- Institute of Internal Communicators awards – Shortlisted in the Best Corporate Communications where we are up against RBS and Tesco
- IoIC Awards, Best Change Communication - Anchor's Colleague Engagement Team (shortlisted)
- Charity Times Awards – Finalists in the Excellence in Internal Communications category.
- Housing Heroes Awards, Communications Team of the Year - Anchor's Communications Team (shortlisted)
- HR Excellence Awards – We were delighted to be shortlisted in the finals for Most Effective Benefits Programme and Outstanding Employee Engagement Strategy
- PRmoments Awards, Media Relations Campaign of the Year (In-House) - Anchor's Communications Team (shortlisted)
- CIPR #insidestory Awards, Best Employee Engagement - Anchor's Colleague Engagement Team (shortlisted)
- 24 Housing Awards - Chief Executive of the Year, Innovation of the Year, Communications Team of the Year (shortlisted)
- Health Investor Power 50 – Jane Ashcroft (second place)
Health and Safety awards
- Primary Authority Awards 2016 - We’ve been honoured by a government department for our excellence in fire safety. We received the Partnership Award at the Primary Authority Awards 2016, beating big brands including Tesco, Asda, Argos and Boots.
- Housing Association National Accounting Awards - Best Board Report
- Housing Association National Accounting Awards - Finance Team of the Year – nominated
- National Care Awards – Apprentice of the year award, Ellie O’Grady (shortlisted)
- LaingBuisson Awards - Innovation in Care and Dementia Care awards (shortlisted)
- Great British Care Awards
- Regional finalists, Yorkshire and Humber: Mishel Ingle, Jaqueline Snowden, Mark Robinson, Emma Ciccone, Cheryl Latto, Linda Gray, Miriam Rehman, Tracey Grimstone, Rachel Robinson, Ryan Bull, Liz Robinson.
- Regional finalists, North East: Megan Graves, Robin Bennet, Debra Dowd, Cazia Aby, Margaret Chapman, Richard Musgrove.
- Regional finalists, South East: Debbie Robertson, Andrea Smith, Collette Dan
- Regional finalists, South West: Anthony Proffitt, Annette Pabst
- Regional finalists, London: Greenhive Care Home
- National finalists: Joel Ramsey, Lorraine Ashby, Kelly Hayden, Holly Lloyd, , Christine Brekke, Lee Craike Potter
- Housing Heroes Awards, Inspirational Tenant/Resident - Brian Cutler from Harmer Court in Southborough
- Pinders Healthcare Design Awards, Best New Care Home (Elderly) - Mayflower Court in Southampton (shortlisted) and Austin Place in Weybridge (shortlisted)
- Dignity and Respect Awards, Best Care Home - Buckingham Lodge in Aylesbury (highly commended)
- National Association of Care Catering, Care Cook of the Year - Anthony Proffitt from Kimberley Court in Newquay and Steve Havers from
- The Excellence in Diversity Awards, Housing Diversity Champion - Brenda Metcalfe from Anchor's Customer Engagement Team (shortlisted)
- Inside Housing Top 60 Developments - Older People’s Development of the Year (shortlisted)
- What House? Best Retirement Development (won silver)