Thomas Henshaw Court, Southport
Call us for current availability
Welcome to Thomas Henshaw Court, SouthportAnchor's Thomas Henshaw Court in Southport, is a trusted provider of residential care for elderly people, and we offer specialised services for elderly people who have physical disabilities.
Our care home’s well trained and helpful staff provide 24-hour care and support to help you maintain your chosen lifestyle, adapting as your needs change.
At Thomas Henshaw Court, activities play an important role and we aim to enhance our residents’ quality of life by providing a varied range of social activities.
We pride ourselves on the quality of our catering, with our chef preparing meals daily from fresh, seasonal ingredients.
Set in a seaside location in its own beautiful grounds, Thomas Henshaw Court care home is close to local services and amenities, such as shops and good bus routes.
Come and visit us at any time. We’re here to help and look forward to giving you a warm welcome.
Call us to discuss your specific care needs today
Thomas Henshaw Court is a unique, purpose built home, which is thoroughly modern and adapted to provide care. Set in a quiet location and in its own grounds, Thomas Henshaw Court provides single en-suite rooms and one double for a couple. There are some lovely views of the well maintained gardens.
Our home is fully furnished and decorated to a high standard with a call system which ensures that help is at hand 24 hours a day.
We also have:
- All rooms with their own kitchen area
- Some rooms with views of the gardens
- A television point and connections for satellite and digital TV
- Tea-making facilities available to make drinks for you and your visitors
Other attractions include:
- Cosy lounges with TVs and quiet areas for reading and relaxing
- Bathrooms specially equipped so you can relax in comfort
- Safe, enclosed gardens
- Hairdressing salon on-site
We encourage you to bring small personal items to enhance your room.
We know how important mealtimes are and like them to be a sociable and enjoyable part of the day. Our experienced chefs attend Anchor's Cater Craft training course which enables them to understand the nutritional requirements of elderly people and to ensure all meals are prepared from fresh, seasonal ingredients.
We serve tasty, wholesome, good food and our menus change regularly with a daily choice available. We also cater for residents with special dietary needs and create a “dining atmosphere” by decorating these areas in colours that stimulate the appetite and create ambiance.
Our staff respect individual preferences. All these factors boost residents appetites and enable them to enjoy their meal - which is essential in maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
At Thomas Henshaw Court care home, we provide quality 24-hour residential care.
We support and develop our staff on an ongoing basis to enable them to provide the highest quality care for our residents.
At our home we have:
- A visiting beautician
- A ‘pets are welcome’ policy by arrangement with the Manager
- A shop for small items
- A hairdressing salon
- A lift to upper floors
- A personal laundry facility and laundry service
- A pay telephone or the facility to have a telephone line in your room
- Regular religious services and meetings should you wish to take part
- Newspapers which can be ordered and delivered daily to your room
- Wheelchair access and car parking
- Full time activities co-ordinator employed
- Southport town centre is 3 miles away and can be reached using excellent bus services
- The nearest hospitals are Southport and Ormskirk District Generals
- Southport railway station is 3 miles away
- A theatre, swimming pool, golf course and supermarket are under 5 miles away
Our care home has a dedicated Activities Co-ordinator who organises and arranges a variety of opportunities for our residents to enjoy daily activities in our home and in the local community.
We work in partnership with the National Association for Providers of Activities for Older People (NAPA) and encourage activities that enhance our residents’ lifestyle, health and wellbeing.
Residents preferred activities, interests and ability are discussed when they move in and an agreed plan ensures that these requests are fulfilled. Our residents’ suggestions for activities also help shape the planning process.
We organise supervised day trips to leisure facilities and places of interest as well as social events in the home, including themed restaurant evenings, arts and crafts, quizzes and regular entertainers.
At Thomas Henshaw Court, our caring and attentive staff work with our residents and their loved ones to create a detailed care plan, which ensures our residents individual health and care needs are met.
We know how important it is to care for our residents with the dignity and respect they deserve and this is at the heart of what we do at Thomas Henshaw Court care home.
Our commitment to advanced dementia training for our staff has helped the Department of Health pass its goal of 3,000 Dignity Champions nationwide.
Our health and social care partners include:
- A GP who is available on request
- A hairdresser visits every week
- A chiropodist visits on request
- A dentist and optician who visit the home and local services are available
- The district nurse and physiotherapist who visit by arrangement
- Holistic therapist visits can be arranged