Borrage House, Ripon
8 Borrage Lane, Ripon, North Yorkshire, HG4 2PZ
Call free on 0800 0854317
Welcome to Borrage House, Ripon
Anchor's Borrage House in Ripon is a trusted provider of residential care, and we offer specialised services for elderly people.
Our care home’s well trained and helpful staff provide 24-hour care and support to help you maintain your chosen lifestyle, adapting as your needs change.
At Borrage House, activities play an important role and we aim to enhance our residents’ quality of life by providing a varied range of social activities.
We pride ourselves on the quality of our catering, with our chef preparing meals daily from fresh, seasonal ingredients.
Set in a quiet city location, in its own beautiful grounds, Borrage House care home is close to local services and amenities, such as the North Yorkshire Moors and the beauty spots of Studley Royal and Fountains Abbey.
Come and visit us at any time. We’re here to help and look forward to giving you a warm welcome.
25% off* a trial stay at a selected Anchor care home
Book between 8 January and 28 February 2018 and enjoy 25% off* a trial stay with the comforts of home and safety of 24-hour care.Find out more
What can we help with?
Want to arrange a visit?
We encourage visits to Borrage House so you can meet the manager and get a feel of what it would be like to live here. You will be able to look around, meet other residents, find out what goes on and ask any questions you may have.
Find out more about costs and availability
For the most up to date information on availability at Borrage House, our current charges and fees, or to discuss your personal circumstances, please contact us. Our team are here to help answer your questions and provide you with all the information you need to make a considered decision about your future home.Contact us
Life at Borrage House
Our care home has a dedicated Activities Co-ordinator who organises and arranges a variety of opportunities for our residents to enjoy daily activities in our home and in the local community. We work in partnership with the National Association for Providers of Activities for Older People (NAPA) and encourage activities that enhance our residents’ lifestyle, health and wellbeing. Residents preferred activities, interests and ability are discussed when they move in and an agreed plan ensures that these requests are fulfilled. Our residents’ suggestions for activities also help shape the planning process. We organise supervised day trips to leisure facilities and places of interest as well as social events in the home, including themed restaurant evenings, arts and crafts, quizzes and regular entertainers.
|Living stories||Church service||Scrabble|
|Reminiscence activities||Armchair exercises||One-to-one chit chat||Communion (monthly)|
|One-to-one chit chat||Entertainment afternoon (monthly)||Dominoes|
|Quiz||Armchair exercises||Fish & chip lunch|
Borrage House is a unique, Victorian building which has been thoroughly modernised and adapted to provide social care. Set in a quiet location and in its own grounds, Borrage House provides single en-suite rooms. All rooms have a lovely view of the well kept gardens.
Our home is fully furnished and decorated to a high standard with a call system which ensures that help is at hand 24 hours a day.
We also have:
- Rooms with their own en-suite facilities with hand basin and toilet
- Rooms have a television point and connections for satellite and digital TV
Other attractions include:
- Two small, cosy lounges with TVs and quiet areas for reading and relaxing
- Large lounge with capacity for the home's well-planned activity programme
- Five bathrooms and a shower room specially equipped so you can relax in comfort
- Safe, enclosed well kept gardens with patio, pergola and sitting areas
- In house mobile shop that sells confectionery, toiletries and greeting cards which have been hand-made by our residents
We encourage you to bring small personal items to enhance your room.
At Borrage House our caring and attentive staff work with our residents and their loved ones to create a detailed care plan which ensures our residents individual health and care needs are met.
We know how important it is to care for our residents with the dignity and respect they deserve and this is at the heart of what we do at Borrage House care home.
Our commitment to advanced dementia training for our staff has helped the Department of Health pass its goal of 3,000 Dignity Champions nationwide.
Our health and social care partners include:
- 3 local GP practices who are available on request
- A hairdresser visits every week
- A chiropodist visits on request
- A dentist and optician who visit the home on request
- The district nurse and physiotherapist who visit by arrangement
We know how important mealtimes are to our residents, so we always try to make this a sociable and enjoyable experience, whilst recognising individual choice.
Borrage House's Food Promise ensures all our menus offer freshly cooked, appetising and nutritionally balanced meals including:
- Cooked breakfast every day
- Wholesome homemade soup everyday
- Freshly baked biscuits and cakes everyday
- Traditional Sunday Roast
- Fish and Chips weekly
- A variety of snacks available all day
Our Chefs understand the nutritional needs of older people and ensure that our meals are prepared using fresh, seasonal ingredients.
We serve tasty, wholesome dishes and involve residents in selecting our menus at a local level. We offer daily choice of meals and cater for special dietary needs and preferences, helping keep our residents healthy and well nourished.
At Borrage House care home, we provide quality 24-hour residential care.
We support and develop our staff on an ongoing basis to enable them to provide the highest quality care for our residents.
At our home we have:
- A monthly library that offers a wide variety of books including large print books, videos and DVDs
- A ‘pets are welcome’ policy by arrangement with the Manager
- A hairdressing salon
- A lift to upper floors
- A personal laundry facility and laundry service
- A public pay telephone and the facility for a private telephone line in each room
- Regular religious services and meetings should you wish to take part
- Newspapers which can be ordered and delivered daily to your room
- Wheelchair access and car parking
- A VW Vista Maxilife car for taking residents out
- Borrage House city centre is 1/2 of a mile away and can be reached either by taxi or by walking
- Studley Royal and Fountains Abbey, both local beauty spots, are 3 miles away
- The nearest hospital is Ripon Community Hospital
- Harrogate Railway Station is 15 miles away
- A swimming pool, leisure centre, bowling green, golf course and supermarket are under one mile away
Anchor endeavour to be completely transparent about all our charges and fees. For further information please contact us.
How much does it cost?
Call us to discuss your specific care needs today
What is included in care home fees?
For many people, moving to a care home is a big decision and it can be difficult to know where to start. Care home fees are based on a range of factors, including specific care needs, which can change over time. Nevertheless, we all want the best we can afford – whether for ourselves or a loved one.
Living in an Anchor care home you can be confident that a single fee covers the cost of your personally tailored 24 hour care and support, all utility bills and meals as well as a fantastic range of daily activities.
At Anchor we pride ourselves on offering a truly tailored approach to care and therefore need to fully understand your needs to provide you with an accurate fee estimate. Please call us to discuss your specific care needs today. Alternatively we welcome you to visit us to discuss your situation face-to-face.
Want more information on care home fees?
Learning about the different funding options available to you can also help you feel confident in your decisions. Anchor know that securing care home funding can sometimes appear a rather daunting task and so to help we have put together a free guide covering requesting assistance, top up fees and third-party payments.Care home fees