Welcome to Abbeywood, AldershotAnchor’s Abbeywood in Ash Vale is a trusted provider of residential care for elderly people, and we offer specialised services for elderly people who have dementia or physical disability.
Our care home’s well trained and helpful staff provide 24-hour care and support to help you maintain your chosen lifestyle, adapting as your needs change.
At Abbeywood, activities play an important role and we aim to enhance our residents’ quality of life by providing a varied range of social activities.
We pride ourselves on the quality of our catering, with our chef preparing meals daily from fresh, seasonal ingredients.
Set in a village location, in its own beautiful grounds, Abbeywood care home is close to local services and amenities, such as a health centre and shops.
Come and visit us at any time. We’re here to help and look forward to giving you a warm welcome.
Call us to discuss your specific care needs today
Abbeywood is a unique, purpose-built residence which was designed to provide social care. Set in a quiet location and in its own grounds, Abbeywood has single rooms, some with lovely views of the gardens.
Our home is fully furnished and decorated to a high standard with a call system which ensures that help is at hand 24 hours a day.
We also have:
- Some rooms with views of the gardens
- A television point and connections for satellite and digital TV
- Tea-making facilities available to make drinks for you and your visitors
Other accommodation facilities include:
- Cosy lounges with TVs and quiet areas for reading and relaxing
- Bathrooms specially equipped so you can relax in comfort
- Safe, enclosed gardens
We encourage you to bring small personal items to enhance your room.
We know how important mealtimes are and like them to be a sociable and enjoyable part of the day. Our experienced chefs attend Anchor's Cater Craft training course which enables them to understand the nutritional requirements of elderly people and to ensure all meals are prepared from fresh, seasonal ingredients.
We serve tasty, wholesome, good food and our menus change regularly with a daily choice available. We also cater for residents with special dietary needs and create a “dining atmosphere” by decorating these areas in colours that stimulate the appetite and create ambiance.
Our staff respect individual preferences. All these factors boost residents appetites and enable them to enjoy their meal - which is essential in maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
At Abbeywood care home, we provide quality 24-hour residential care and specialist care for residents with dementia.
We support and develop our staff on an ongoing basis to enable them to provide the highest quality care for our residents.
At our home we have:
- A library
- Chiropody service
- A ‘pets are welcome’ policy by arrangement with the Manager
- A shop for small items
- A hairdressing salon
- A lift to upper floors
- A laundry service
- A pay telephone and the facility for a private telephone line in each room
- Regular religious services and meetings should you wish to take part
- Newspapers which can be ordered and delivered daily to your room
- Wheelchair access and car parking
- Aldershot town centre is 3 miles away and can be reached using bus services
- The nearest hospital is Frimley Park
- Ash railway station is 1.5 miles away
- A theatre, swimming pool and supermarket are under 3 miles away
Our care home has a dedicated Activities Co-ordinator who organises and arranges a variety of opportunities for our residents to enjoy daily activities in our home and in the local community.
We work in partnership with the National Association for Providers of Activities for Older People (NAPA) and encourage activities that enhance our residents’ lifestyle, health and wellbeing.
Residents preferred activities, interests and ability are discussed when they move in and an agreed plan ensures that these requests are fulfilled. Our residents’ suggestions for activities also help shape the planning process.
We organise supervised day trips to leisure facilities and places of interest as well as social events in the home, including themed restaurant evenings, arts and crafts, quizzes and regular entertainers.
At Abbeywood, our caring and attentive staff work with our residents and their loved ones to create a detailed care plan which ensures our residents individual health and care needs are met.
We know how important it is to care for our residents with the dignity and respect they deserve and this is at the heart of what we do at Abbeywood care home.
Our commitment to advanced dementia training for our staff has helped the Department of Health pass its goal of 3,000 Dignity Champions nationwide.
Our health and social care partners include:
- A GP who is available on request
- A hairdresser visits every week
- A chiropodist visits on request
- A dentist and optician who visit the home
- The district nurse and physiotherapist who visit by arrangement
- Holistic therapist visits can be arranged