Few will deny that social care is in crisis. Demographic change means it is likely to worsen.
Grey Pride issues
- Spending on social care for older adults fell by 15% between 2009/10 and 2012/13.
- 24% Britons are unaware the Government does not fully fund social care for older people.
- Most people will have to spend up to £140,000 on care costs before costs are capped.
What should happen
- Extend worksave pension scheme to include additional saving for social care.
- All providers receiving adequate State funding be required to pay the proper living wage as set by the Living Wage Foundation to all care home and domiciliary carers and activity co-ordinators.