In the coming year we will strive to achieve the goals set out in our five-year plan.
The financial year ending in March 2015 marked the culmination of a strategy that has transformed our business from a divisional operating structure to a “One Anchor” model, providing a more efficient and effective service for customers and an easier operating environment for colleagues.
This structure provides the foundation for achieving the objectives of our five-year business plan, which commenced in April 2015. By 2020, we aim to become the best-run organisation in our sector, delivering the best customer service to more older people than we do today. In order to achieve this we are committed to becoming the best place to work in our industry.
We will continue to focus on our core areas of social housing, care homes, leasehold housing and retirement villages and we plan to grow through a combination of development and acquisition, increasing the breadth of the services we provide to customers based on their changing needs and demands. This approach serves to mitigate our risk of exposure to one service type or area, as well as fulfilling our social objectives.
In the coming year we will:
- Develop and roll out new operational models for delivery of our services in order to improve customer satisfaction and value for money
- Deliver new ways of working to improve productivity and value for money
- Implement rigorously tested plans to increase the breadth of our operations through development and acquisition
- Implement the “Anchor Inspires” dementia model in 15 care homes, providing a truly person-centred approach to understanding and enhancing the lives of our customers living with dementia
- Integrate our new and existing engagement channels to enhance satisfaction of leasehold customers
- Deliver Wi-Fi in communal areas of Anchor services for customers’ use, and investigate further means of leveraging new technologies
- Build on the passion, dedication and pride of our workforce to drive a ‘customer first’ approach which maintains strong customer satisfaction
- Create training and development initiatives and opportunities to ensure that Anchor colleagues and managers have the skills to deliver our business plan whilst maintaining or improving our quality standards
- Develop our ability to recruit a more diverse workforce, through building new community relationships, for instance with local schools and colleges.
Anchor continues to evolve to meet the changing needs of older people and the changing environment in which we work. In an environment of constant change, our commitment to enhancing the lives of older people has remained constant since Anchor began life more than 45 years ago.